Any Carrera Digital Near St. Louis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Carrera Digital Near St. Louis?

I’m looking for someone in the St. Louis, Mo. metropolitan area that has Carrera digital.
    I have a number of digital cars that I’d like to have the brakes set to minimum on the digital decoder.

if you are using the cars on an analog track- changing the digital chip brake setting will not effect the brakes on an analog track. You can easily remove or just bypass the chip (plug the braid lead directly into the motor lead). Then you will have the same adjustability through your analog controller as on any analog car.

Comment

• WB2
      WB2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dug up the thread that was mentioned to me. Started out saying one thing, then another.
      I did some experimenting tonight. With 1/32 DTM cars, the amount of braking varies from car to car.
      On 1/24, the older cars (GT40 and 330 P4) seems to have less than the newer cars (Corvette and Ford GTE). Makes no sense. The new cars have so much brake they lock up and slide sideways if you dump the power. I’ve adapted driving style to make sure I never let off power 100%.

I have bypassed the chip, but I like the lights.
      While a jumper harness would allow the motor to bypass the decoder, I’m thinking of replacing the chip with the voltage regulator from a Slot It 16c light kit, then selling the decoders since digital is probably not on my horizon.

• b.yingling
      b.yingling commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea. You could leave the braid lead connected to the chip to get your lights if you spliced a lead directly from those wires to the motor, hence by-passing the chip for the motor. Wouldn't cost you anything but time and frustration.

Call North Central Hobby he is a good guy if you want i will call and ask him. Call me

Comment

• Brumos RSR
      Brumos RSR commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, Dennis at North Central Hobbies in Overland will be a big help. Chat w ALS
      Last edited by Brumos RSR; January 27, 2022, 10:07 AM.

Never heard of North Central Hobbies, thought only Mark Twain actually had slot stuff.

Comment

North Central Hobbies is a local neighborhood hobby store that specializes in model kits, RC cars and Carrera slot cars. They even carry Slot Car Corner Items and PG tires. My son raced slot cars there for 6 years EVERY Friday night. Digital Carrera track racing on some of the craziest tracks you would ever see. Dennis will change to the track every 8 weeks and a new series would start. There are 5-6 racing classes with up to 20-30 people competing and everyone sticking around to watch the ProX and Elite Class which was the feature of the evening. Wednesday is box stock night where the racers would vote on which Carrera car they would race a 8 week period. Tire truing and painting the car are the only things allowed and cars are locked up at the shop and not to be taken home until after the series Oh and you had to be 16 or older to race on Wednesday.
      The Jester
      of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
      the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

• WB2
        WB2 commented
        Editing a comment
        “Craziest tracks” is an understatement.

Cool will stop by. My daughter cheers up at Platinum Athletics, not far from there.

Comment

North Central said bring the cars Over

Comment

• b.yingling
          b.yingling commented
          Editing a comment
          He is running the cars on analog track. Changing the digital chip brake setting will have no effect. He has to bypass/remove the chip (essentially making it an analog car) to get what he's looking for.
      Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1