New powerbase(7042) does not connect to rcs64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New powerbase(7042) does not connect to rcs64

I just got a replacement powerbase and I wanted to update the software to the latest release but it won’t connect to rcs64. It will connect for about 5 secs then it says “lost connection to power base” if I try to reconnect it will says the comm port was not found. The usb cord works fine with my old powerbase but that one has 2 dead ports (5&6) so I can’t use it for more than 4 racers. 2nd problem - new laptop doesn’t connect either to rcs64. I’ve got 6 racers coming on mon. so any help would be appreciated.

Mike M.

I realize this is an older post, but you might want to use the standard Carrera app to update your software. I have the Bluetooth dongle and I use SmartRace - Occasionally SmartRace updates and says I need to update my Carrera power base, but that I need to use the Carrera app to do it. It's a little bit of a PIA, but the Carrera app is free. (the Bluetooth dongle ain't, but it was worth it..)

Comment

• docdoom
      docdoom commented
      Editing a comment
      but he running scaly power base....

[QUOTE=P944guy;n114620]I just got a replacement powerbase and I wanted to update the software to the latest release but it won’t connect to rcs64. It will connect for about 5 secs then it says “lost connection to power base” if I try to reconnect it will says the comm port was not found. The usb cord works fine with my old powerbase but that one has 2 dead ports (5&6) so I can’t use it for more than 4 racers. 2nd problem - new laptop doesn’t connect either to rcs64. I’ve got 6 racers coming on mon. so any help would be appreciated.

Mike M.[/QUOTE
    I have not used mine in over a year but I will try to help. power off the base and unhook the usp cord from the computer and base then plug the cord back into the base power up the power base and then plug in the usb cord into the computer. the computer should now see the port and you should be able to go into rcs64 and update the power base. he does have his own trlb foru,. not sure if he still supports the product?
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

Working...
    X
    UA-149438709-1