Programming the Scorpius controller with the dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming the Scorpius controller with the dongle

I've been using the Scorpius wireless controller for quite a while now and when I first got it and tried to program it just using the buttons and dials I discovered I needed to get the dongle. So that I did and successfully programmed 10 power curves using my PC computer and the dongle. Recently my original controller finally broke down so I obtained a new one. I re-downloaded the scorpius software and got out my dongle. When I open the software the window where you set the com port flashes thru 1, 2, 3 continuously and won't select a com port. Of course the portion of the program where one sends new instructions to the controller won't work like it did before. The PC I was using 8 years ago has long since been replaced and also I am now using Win10 instead of XP. The Scorpius web page is all but shut down so I went to Professor Motor and downloaded the Scorpius software that is still available. Does anyone here have a possible solution to my problem. The new controller is useable but has only the default power curve which is different from what I had programmed.

so is the computer just not seeing the com port that the dongle is in? i if that is the case trying removing it and trying another port.
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• Modlerbob
      Modlerbob commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried every USB port on the computer. I also wasn't able to update the software as the printed instructions suggested. The date on the software was 2012.
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1