X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRW Skunkworks Workbench

Couple people asked so hope this helps?

-Harry

Impressive setup Harry, and very well organized...

Comment

LOL well thanks. It is more of an "organized mess"
      -Harry

Comment

Originally posted by HomeRacingWorld View Post
        LOL well thanks. It is more of an "organized mess"
        Hmmm, mess is something I don't see in this video...

Comment

Harbor freight is king! Never had a issue. my slot car garage has harbor freight in it. Great video! 👍💪

Comment

I believe I could just walk in there and build something with no problem. very organized !
            Mark

Comment

So pleased to see an honest man. - Has two hammers and a rasp right in the middle of the bench.
              So many days I just want to use those as my primary tuning tools.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	crash.gif
Views:	187
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	14158Click image for larger version

Name:	banghead.gif
Views:	192
Size:	886 Bytes
ID:	14156Click image for larger version

Name:	booboo.gif
Views:	205
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	14157

Comment

Wow it’s like getting a sneak peek through Smokies garage you get to see the shop tools the masters use to produce those fast cars everybody’s chasing
                Thanks for the tour Harry I especially like all the stock hanging on the wall

Comment

Thanks Harry!
                  Chris aka CJR RACING Denver, Colorado and Tokyo, Japan

Comment

The rest of us only dream

Comment

Harry, a very well organized shop. I didn't notice a spray booth, do you mainly use spray cans or do you have an airbrush? My own spray booth has been a clean cardboard box for years.

Comment

Ok here is Part 2

-Harry

Comment

Nicely laid out shop with all the essentials organized and easily accessible, thanks for sharing!

I also agree on two key points made:

1) every? slot car racer needs a tyre truing device, and by this I mean something more than a block of wood with sandpaper glued to it. Even if it means you need to buy a few less slot cars to save the money, invest in a tyre truing machine!

2) HF sells many very affordable tools (taking into account the discount coupons) that work great for my application. There are some stuff that I would rather buy elsewhere, but there are also products that would be outside my budget if it was not for them importing these items from overseas. I have a mini 7 x 12 lathe and a mini milling machine as well as a DA polisher that I could not justify the cost if I only had a North American or European manufactured option, and they all work great for my skill level and application.
                          "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
                          "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1