Chipping Pioneer Legends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipping Pioneer Legends?

Has anyone done a Pioneer Legends car for Carrera digital? They are supposed to be Scaley DPR, so a Carson chip should work fine, in theory. No headlights/taillights on those cars, so the chip install should be super quick and easy - if it works as advertised. I am beginning to think about doing one or two, and was just wondering if anyone has experience with them already.

Hi Phil,
    I have done three of them and I chipped all of them with the regular #26732.
    There is plenty of room for the chip, they are very easy to do.

Randy
    Last edited by R/TRandy; July 14, 2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks Randy. I don't have a problem soldering like that, and you have nice, clean results there. But the Carson chip is so easy with DPR cars, I am tempted to take the easy way.

Fun runners, I bet!

Comment

• R/TRandy
        R/TRandy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the Carson chip is easy, but I guess I am kind of cheap. The price they get for the Carson is just about the price of a whole D132 car. I have bought the Carson chips for a couple of cars that I would have had to chop a lot of the interior apart.

Randy

• JTK
        JTK commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes it can be tough to find a balance between saving money or saving time. Tires for example. They're easy enough to make, but pretty darn cheap to buy.

Regarding decoders, my thoughts are as follows. For DPR cars which I will leave stock, I like the Carson chip. When I'm already going to be in there hacking the chassis up for performance gains etc, then I'm more inclined toward fitting one of the less PlugAndPlay chips.

Mount the Carrera chip ref: 26740, on this:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer Carrera Adapter.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	45536

Name:	DG200696.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	45538

Name:	27640 Carrera chip.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	45537

Name:	Carrera chip in Chevy Legend.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	45539

Comment

Where do you buy them? Do you have a part number?
        Last edited by CarlosInSeattle; July 16, 2020, 02:56 PM. Reason: needed to ask where to buy
        People don't stop playing because they get old, people get old because they stop playing.

Comment

Carlos, the part reference is: DG200696 Slot Car Space Solutions in BC have them. Also Nitro Hobbies in NJ. Jules

Comment

• DrumPhil
            DrumPhil commented
            Editing a comment
            Jules, I checked the websites of both of those dealers, but couldn't find that part. Just FYI.

Carlos, the part reference is: DG200696 Slot Car Space Solutions in BC have them. Also Nitro Hobbies in NJ. Jules

Comment

Sorry about the double post and the text spacing. My browser is not getting along with vBulletin at the mo.

Comment

Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1