Pit lane conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit lane conversion

Hello, I am trying to convert a left lane narrow section # 30350 into a left lane pit exit for my pace car. To date I have swapped the chip from the pit lane # 30356. The problem is that the pace car does not stop it continues on through. Bruce Yingling mentioned that I may have to cut one rail or remove a jumper wire to make a current brake for the pace car. There are 8 jumper wires under this 4 track section and I am mot sure exactly how to do this would anyone be able top help in this issue

I would try comparing the wiring of the 30356 to the 30350. The 30350 should work the same as a pit exit if it has the chip installed correctly and all the wiring is the same. Also, do you have the 30361 pit stop adapter unit installed in the pit lane? I'm not sure that it matters but I always had it in my pit lane when using it with a pace car.
    Last edited by BRS Hobbies; November 1, 2019, 08:14 PM.
    BRS Hobbies - Online shopping for slot cars in all scales, RC crawlers & more!

Comment

• Don Carter
      Don Carter commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and Thank you for the response, yes I did install the pit stop adapter with no change.
      Last edited by Don Carter; November 2, 2019, 06:13 AM.

Hi Don,

Not sure if I understand the question correctly, but are you trying to make your pitlane into a LH one? I just looked at my standard pit exit section and its completely passive so the positive (left) rail is broken on the path back into the main track. So perhaps Bruce was talking about breaking the positive rail on the re-entry, but perhaps wait for Bruce to reply.

Edit: I didn't realise BRS Hobbies was replying at the same time as myself, and that is a good question raised right there.

Steve.

Comment

• Don Carter
      Don Carter commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Steve, Thank you, Bruce mentioned that I had to cut the rail or disconnect one of the jumpers. I am waiting for his final instructions.

Don
    I had seen your note on the FB page...I finally dug out some hardware and can take a look at it this weekend. I hadn't run a pace car in a while and was surprised when I did that my RH long chicane Pit entrance worked but did identify and stop the pace car like i had remembered. I'll play with it this weekend and re-figure out what is going on

will let you know what I find

ED

Comment

• Don Carter
      Don Carter commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ed, Thank you I appreciate the extra effort.

Someone on freeslotter said that the pit adaptor is required for it to work correctly.

Comment

• Don Carter
      Don Carter commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, Yes that is what I thought so I did install the pit lane adapter chip, but the pace car still did not stop on entry like the normal pit lane.

I have tried disconnecting different jumper wires on the positive rail with no change I may be missing something, this is confusing.

Comment

Don I don't see that you've answered the above question. DO you have the pit lane sensor (Fuel) track in there? If I'm reading it right you just have the entrance track.
      Dave
      Dave
      Saginaw Valley Raceway
      Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

Yes I did install the pit lane fuel sensor in the new track section, and there is no change the pace car still does not stop.

Comment

Don, after reading something on Freeslotter, and my memory of what Bruce said (which may be a vague memory) I think you need to simulate the electrical arrangement of the regular pit exit. So referring to my questionable drawing effort below, at pit exit, I think you need to maintain continuity of the right rail (the jumper indicated) and cut the left rail (at the arrow)

If you have some alligator clip leads you could remove the exit piece, simulate the electrical circuit without cutting anything just to see if it stops? Get ready to catch it though if it keeps going!

Uncertain if you need to do anything to the pit entry apart from what you have already done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Left pitlane mod.png
Views:	190
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	4727

Comment

Howdy Slotspeed, that is about what Bruce mentioned, but I was not sure where to cut the rail. I will try it, thats a good idea about the alligator clips to test it first. Thanks for the information I will let you know how it works out. I will not be able to get back to the track until the weekend. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello, I just tried to disconnect the exit track and connect the right rail with an alligator clip and it did not work, the pace car does not stop. I tried disconnecting different jumper wires and nothing seems to work.

Comment

Hi Don,
                I did my separate pit using the left chaicne piece several years ago so I don't remember all the details. I don't have it in the layout right now so I could look in it it a little farther.
                But looking at it from the top I have both rails isolated on the entrance piece and both on the exit piece. I not sure if it is necessary to isolate both or not but that's what I ended up doing to mine.
                Last edited by R/TRandy; November 4, 2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I have disconnected the jumpers from both ends, and the pace car will continue just until the exit and it will stop but it will not continue because there is no power. I tried with a normal car and the same thing happens it will stop near the end because of loss of power. All other pit lane functions are normal, fuel and repairs. I just can't get the pace car to stop as hot does in the right side pit lane. Where your red circles are there are no track connection pins like in other track sections so disconnecting the jumpers cuts the power completely at the exit. I must be missing something but I am baffled as to why it will not work.
                  Last edited by Don Carter; November 5, 2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Here's a pic of my exit, both jumpers are in are connected.

Comment

I would double check to make sure the rails are not touching and that you have the rails isolated.
                      Here are pics of how I did my track wiring, I have mine set-up with an anti-collision chip, so ignore the smaller circuit board and its wiring.
                      Another thing to mention is that a pit lane adapter doesn't need to be in a pit lane to work, it will work anywhere you put it in your layout and you would be able to refuel
                      if you pass over and then stop.
                      If you have a meter you could check the voltage in the isolated section. It should be a little lower than the main track voltage.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1