Tech Toys - Progressive Insurance Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Toys - Progressive Insurance Ad

Have you noticed that in the TV ad from Progressive Insurance with the sign spinner, when they pan on the Tech Toys window there is a big Slot Car mention

Dundee Denny

http://tech-toys.com
    Note line under photos.

Comment

Thanks to the “higher - tech” amongst us that could verify if this was a prop or a real store!

interesting how they decided on how to convey the low tech sign, not sure what it says about the hobby shop!

Comment

When my wife first saw that commercial she said to me "we've been to that store". I said it was probably not a real store, just a store front done up for the commercial. Damn, she's right again. When we lived in NY we'd drive down to that part of NJ regularly to go shopping and there was a hobby store I liked going to. Now that I see it closeup in the still photos this is it. I remember buying 2 car there, a Carrera Pontiac GTO and a SCX Mustang GT350.

Comment

I've been to that store many times, and man -- is it PACKED with merchandise! I usually stop there on the way home from our (usually, but not during this medical mess) twice a year slot car shows at the PAL hall in Parsippany, NJ. What a cool place to spend some of the profits I just made earlier in the day! Tech Toys is just a few minutes down RT46 from the show, but of course it's on the wrong side of the road as I'm headed back towards the Goethals Bridge. So, I have the unique pleasure of making two U turns in the wonderful Garden State!
          The spot on the side of the building where the table is placed for the commercial shoot is the same spot that I park my car and have a quiet bite to eat before heading back into the NJ to NY Sunday afternoon traffic fray. The girl sitting at the table, to my recollection, is not a store employee, nor have I ever seen the couple that own the shop wear those blue uniform shirts. It's possible that both of these things have changed since my last visit, of course, which was in 2019.
          It's fun to see at any rate, I picked up on it right at my first viewing. Unfortunately, with the health issue at the present time, I doubt I'll be visiting Tech Toys at all this year.
          Everyone please -- stay safe, stay healthy, and... Enjoy the hobby! -- Ernie
          Last edited by BIG E; February 23, 2021, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Now that’s a Hobby Store!
            Mark

Comment

Thanks for all the reviews on this what I figured had to be a fictional place!

Dundee Denny

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1