• [email protected]

Yesterday almost 70! LOL today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	brrr.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	6029
    -Harry

We're supposed to get that weather late tomorrow. Thank you for sending it our way...
    Steve - Connecticut, U.S.A. - Shoreline Model Raceways Club

Comment

Yesterday it was 59 here and I cooked out on the grill and blew leaves. Today we have 1.5in snow and wind chills about 10. wow' I am in the Louisville ky area. But I did get a package from LEB today with some new borders and a new slot car.

Comment

I'm already sick of winter, it's 18 degrees in Chicago, inch of snow on ground, and none of my leaves have fallen yet. I am going to be picking them up till Christmas Eve.

Rather be doing this

Name:	20190914_185650.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	6195

Comment

I happen to be a weapon of bass destruction myself (ahem)! But my time is past this year...too many slot cars to build
          -Harry

Comment

Son in law has Nov 21 scheduled to go Striper fishing at Cumberland. Usually me, him, grandson, and a friend or two. They like it!!! I did it once and said call me in the spring. No time to be out on the lake for a fair weather fisherman. Yeah it's cold today, but we all got it didn't we?
            Matt B
            So. In
            Crashers

Comment

We had 10 inches of snow here in Buffalo over the last couple of days. Even by Buffalo standards it was early.

Comment

I cleared off my bench on Oct 20th, disassembled all my rods, put tackle back in the right compartments, greased my reels and put them all to bed till March-ish. time to focus on starting to build all these cars I have been collecting and brainstorming on. Well, I should probably finish my display cabinet first lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeRacingWorld View Post
                  I happen to be a weapon of bass destruction myself (ahem)! But my time is past this year...too many slot cars to build
                  Well that's great to hear, what's your PB Harry? I'm at 4.4lb right in my back yard. Just got into Kayak fishing this year, really opened up my world!

Name:	20190902_070228.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	6223Click image for larger version

Name:	20190901_080935.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	6224Click image for larger version

Name:	20190824_194003.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	6225Click image for larger version

Name:	20190831_163445.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	6226

Comment

Actually my targets are smallies. My rivers here are close and nice, fast water for the hunt. Average about 1 1/2, but I have landed a couple 3's.

Catch and release for me, barbless. Weapon of choice is the Rebel Crawfish medium diver. However...the good old Creme worm still does it in late summer.
                    -Harry

Comment

I love smallies, wish there were more around me, haven't tried much river fishing yet. I have the waders, just need to give it a whirl. Few years back I got the bug to fish more, the rod and reel technology has come so far from when I was a teenager. I am very confident with a spinning rod and reel, but starting to get the hang of baitcasters finally. Amazing how the old standby lures still produce. Love the jitterbug at dusk, topwater is so fun!

Comment

I have a 15 year old light Pflueger President on a 5' Ugly stick. Last Fathers Day I got a back up. Same outfit.

Name:	rods1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	6239

I just like the light action. And a rod easier to get through the brush.
                        -Harry

Comment

I have the same exact reel, love it. I do like my Diawa Fuegos though.

Comment

Actually my favorite is Bluegill/Redear panfish with live bait. Nothing eats better and when you are in the right place action is great and they are fun to land. I do like the fun of a group going after Stripers , we did get lucky and catch them in the jumps a couple years ago. That is something you usually only hear about, We probably had 8-10 fish flipping around the boat at one time.

This was the best fish I've caught on these trips. 28 pounds. Bad thing was the same trip I got Small Mouth to the boat that was probably 8-9 pounds and he slipped off at the net! We fish with barbless hooks and I just eased up too much trying to get him toward the net. I will never hear the end of the one that got away. I'd have put him back anyway.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	855.jpg Views:	1 Size:	880.7 KB ID:	6270
                            Matt B
                            So. In
                            Crashers

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            UA-149438709-1