Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
    Facebook-
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
    YouTube-
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

LOL good one!
    -Harry

Comment

1. That is funny, where did you come across it?

Comment

And right about now I wish there was a full size one in my driveway with a charge station built into the wall of the barn. Yes, I'd miss the sound of an internal combustion engine, at least for a bit. Then, whenever I got in another car I'd probably be bothered by the noise.

Comment

Just FYI there giving out tickets to electric car owners in parts of California if they find the car plugged in and charging during the day. Something about the electric grid not able to handle the load and rolling brown outs.
          Last edited by docdoom; March 18, 2022, 05:25 PM.
          THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
          Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• slothead
            slothead commented
            Editing a comment
            USA TODAY says the Facebook post that claimed this last summer was false, and the person who made the post hasn't responded to requests to comment. A California agency did request consumers voluntarily conserve electric usage during peak usage times (between 5 pm & 10 pm).

Thankfully, there hasn't been any controversy about slot cars.

• docdoom
            docdoom commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I heard it second hand from my tool guy so maybe that is what happened. but also seeing what happened in Texas during their cold snap I can't see eclectic cars being the save all they are putting them to be....

• slothead
            slothead commented
            Editing a comment
            Like all new technologies, the market place will ultimately decide. We agree on our passion for scale electric vehicles.

They just opened a Tesla dealer near me. Thinking of trading in my Mustang GT. I'm hearing impaired, so I won't miss the noise.

Comment

• docdoom
            docdoom commented
            Editing a comment
            what?

• Bal r 14
            Bal r 14 commented
            Editing a comment
            I won't miss the noise of a V8. I am always concerned that my car is loud and offensive. I am always too loud in general, I have no way to tell. So, things I know are quiet give me more peace of mind.

They're putting starter sounds into some Electrocutive car models so people know when they turn the things on, sound packages so other people can hear the sound of a real car and you can act cool and pretend you're driving a real car. A Beetle exhaust drone would be good, same peoples, different times. I drove an electric car in the 70's plenty of times and not by choice. I had a '55 Ford in high school that I put a 390 with a manual trans into, yes... I was a teenage gearhead. I would always run out of gas, who need a stinkin' gas gauge?! All you have to do is run out of gas, press in the clutch throw it in first gear and crank the starter to get you to the nearest gas station for a dollars woof of Ethyl, only the best for my ride, luckily they were on nearly ever corner back then. Now there's a CVS or Walgreens on every corner, maybe if they have charging stations you could push your Tesla down to the corner to recharge it when the battery dies like a flashlight in the dark?
          Last edited by Bluevista; March 19, 2022, 04:08 AM.
          Allan

Comment

I can feed and water a horse quicker than recharging a EV….
            Mark

Comment

• Kevan
              Kevan commented
              Editing a comment
              ...but can you do that whilst you're sleeping?

• Silberpfeil
              Silberpfeil commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't usually refuel my vehicle when I sleep-walk.
              But when I do...I choose gas stations that offer "full-service".

I drove my first electric car in 65 A Strombecker Barracuda if I recall correctly it wasn’t very quiet 😷
            Dave
            Peterborough Ont
            CANADA

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1