Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kickstarter project looking to raise $25k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter project looking to raise $25k?

Anyone familiar with what this Kickstarter project is about?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rm=slot%20cars

Is it legit, as in are the people who's names are being dropped actually involved?

Carlo from Slot Car Superstar is a GREAT guy!
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, 3 weeks (around Christmas) to raise $25k! That is ambitious, to say the least. Good luck.
      PetesLightKits

Comment

• CATO
        CATO commented
        Editing a comment
        Guys I know it was ambitious but I wanted to run events like it was done in the 1960's, all top notch locations for the races and qualified personnel involved to help. It was supposed to be a total of 12 races per year for 1/32, 1/24 and HO scales. All with prizes and media coverage. I wanted to also recognize a slot car enthusiast per quarter with an award. My intention was to promote all scales and unify our beloved hobby into one community but each with their own scale to race. I was not asking for the 25K as a donation either I was giving back as the pledge rewards signed slot car books that hopefully would be used to get more people into our hobby. The books were being offered at a discounted price slightly above cost price only to cover my shipping expenses which I am offering on Kickstarter free worldwide. After all the rewards were ordered and shipped and Kickstarted took their commission cut, I would probably end up with 8 to 10K to run the program and pay for all awards and media coverage. I am not even taking a pay cut to run this, I am doing it for the love of racing and promoting slot cars.
        Last edited by CATO; December 11, 2021, 11:59 AM.

To say the least! Good luck to Carlo and his Team! Slotcarkidz will try to help anyway we can. Happy H! Click image for larger version

Name:	xMas.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	136709

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1