Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember being surprised at how big your table is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember being surprised at how big your table is?

The "that takes up more space than I imagined" feeling?

Yep, I just went through it! I can still manage the table, just a little more creativity is required! Sheesh.
    Bill
    Eugene, OR
    Thingiverse stuff

Now I Wish it was bigger
    bill ,framingham ma

Comment

I know my wife was surprised! On both of my first two track builds she asked why so big! She ain't seen nothin yet 😂 track #3 coming soon.
      Ken, Gulf Key Raceway, Hernando Beach, FL

Comment

• Bal r 14
        Bal r 14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too! I'm working on designing my third track, which is actually a major modification to the second plus an extension of about 40' per lane..

I get how come you have two tracks
      In my mind I think because there’s not enough room for three
      Dave
      Peterborough Ont
      CANADA

Comment

This is my first table, so these are all first impressions for all of us here My wife just saw it a few minutes ago and was pretty shocked, but she's still good - she's a good egg.

This table isn't big - 8 x 8 currently. My plan is for this table to be developed over the next year or so, then I'll take it up to my shop at the property we're moving to full-time in 3 years. I've got a lot more room up there and plan on building this in a modular manner. Looking forward to getting up there!
        Last edited by DC_OR; September 8, 2021, 09:46 PM.
        Bill
        Eugene, OR
        Thingiverse stuff

Comment

8 foot wide makes it hard to reach the middle. Putting it against the wall does the same thing. It's nice to have room to access the track easy. I had a table about 5 foot wide against a wall. It wasn't easy to get to some spots. I set it up with a straight against the back wall and the curved part toward the front. That helped some.
          Matt B
          So. In
          Crashers

Comment

• Bal r 14
            Bal r 14 commented
            Editing a comment
            My track is similar to yours, with similar width and the straights against the back wall. It's not a layout I prefer, but you have design for access. Nobody ever goes off the track on the straights.

• DC_OR
            DC_OR commented
            Editing a comment
            Good points. I moved things around quite a bit today and now have it set in an L formation. Of course now I can see how I can add another 4 x 8 sheet in here! I believe it's all downhill from here...
        Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1