TGIF! My current mess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGIF! My current mess...

Well here is mine...what do you guys have going on?

-Harry

HA you call that a mess
    Even if I was at home I wouldn’t take a pic to show ya
    Dave
    Peterborough Ont
    CANADA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	02975915-0AED-4476-AF23-762B6414BEFC.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	112738 49 Merc Beach Racer….54 Ford Showdown car, and finishing up a Quick Slicks proxy car….no Camaro to play with for 3-4 weeks.
      Brian Mc
      Minnecrapulous, Mn

”Machinist: One who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data from those of questionable knowledge.”

Comment

• War Eagle River
        War Eagle River commented
        Editing a comment
        Wheres the 54, don’t see it in the pic?

Well it's Friday, I guess it's time to work on one of my Showdown cars. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1933.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	112813
      Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
      Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Hmmmm , I have to big of a mess for just one pic , might even be to big for five or more

Comment

Can you show a pic of the go kart from the pickup kit?

Might just need HO running gear...

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

Can you show a pic of the go kart from the pickup kit?
              I will get one tomorrow. And yeah, I keep looking at it and thinking I want to make it GO Maybe some of those new tiny motors from AFX? Old Tyco box motor? I dunno.
              -Harry

Comment

Current mess? That would be this Area 71 Cadillac ATS-V, a sentimental favorite that I had hopes for the GT3 proxy. Beyond suffering through the prep of the very coarse surface of the 3DP body, it looks as though the model’s wheelbase is much too long to be competitive in this proxy. Nonetheless, I’ll finish it and it will remain a favorite. I saw the CTS-Vs race the World Challenge series in events leading to the 12 Hours of Sebring ~2005-2007. They were monsters.

Bob G. ..... Boston, North Shore

Comment

Your Caddie turn out very nice

Comment

Originally posted by HomeRacingWorld View Post

I will get one tomorrow. And yeah, I keep looking at it and thinking I want to make it GO Maybe some of those new tiny motors from AFX? Old Tyco box motor? I dunno.
                    I made a scratchbuilt brass 1/24 kart using an Tyco HO box motor and an old Cox GT40 driver years ago . It was essentially an HO scale car.

I want to revisit the idea, but do it better. Maybe do an early 60s style and a modern racing kart style?

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by HomeRacingWorld View Post

And yeah, I keep looking at it and thinking I want to make it GO
                      Harry, just make it a rolling model with a guide pin front and rear, then tie a piece of real thin clear fishing line to it and pull it around with another car in a different slot. Not the same but I think it would look cute.
                      Butch Dunaway
                      Oxford, Ohio

Comment

I'd show my mess, but I'm too ashamed of it. There's so much crap piled up, I don't have one square foot to work without moving stuff out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by waaytoomuchintothis View Post
                          I'd show my mess, but I'm too ashamed of it. There's so much crap piled up, I don't have one square foot to work without moving stuff out of the way.
                          I cannot work under these conditions! Haha - I'm the opposite, I must have a clean workspace or it drives me mad! Sometimes I bring my work inside so I'm not away from the other half for too long. Here's the progress on how that's going - still more detail to do!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8774.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	113199 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8776.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	113198 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8775.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	113200

Comment

• 32lbking
                            32lbking commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's turning out very nice Dingle. What are you using for a chassis?

• dinglebery
                            dinglebery commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks! It's the standard ScaleAuto Home Series chassis SC-8500RTR. I think I'm going to find smaller diameter wheels for it. These just don't look proper.
                        Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1