Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken sandwich war is over...

-Harry

OH Yeah!!! Those look mouth watering good!!!!

Comment

Somebody will have to do a liverwurst work of art- Harry has the chicken sandwich, and I have the baconchilicheeseburgerdog!

Comment

I’m rather proud of my bacon bomb
        Dave
        Peterborough Ont
        CANADA

Comment

• waaytoomuchintothis
          waaytoomuchintothis commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks like you have solved the overwhelming grease problem of the Buffalo Cow Patty. Excellent! When I lived near where you are, the kids in school introduced (addicted), me to Poutine. When its cold and lonely, I make it, even if I have to make my own cheese curds!

And a side of…!
        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
        Facebook-
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
        YouTube-
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

• 4424ever
          4424ever commented
          Editing a comment
          Meat of coarse !

Looks like Slotburger 2.0 to me!!
        Brian Mc
        Minnecrapulous, Mn

”Machinist: One who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data from those of questionable knowledge.”

Comment

I did Harry's chicken sandwich for supper. Definitely the king of chicken sandwiches. I used Heinz 57 in place of the mustard based sauce, and pickled jalapenos. Coma to follow the meal... The best recommendation.

Comment

I bet using Heinz 57 sauce would be a good base for pulled pork , I would use yellow mustard as a base before putting the rub on top

Comment

SWEEEEEEET JESUS DOES ALL THIS PAGE MAKE ME SALAVITATE!!!!
              TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
              Warren, Ohio

Comment

Looks great!! Going to have to acquire a proper "slattering" brush Mr. Harry And for my taste, smoked gouda would be my preferred topping and sans the pickles.
                "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Glen
                Zen Raceway
                Severna Park, MD

Comment

Great idea Rob on the 57. That would be good.

Yeah, my old "slather" sword finally wore out
                  -Harry

Comment

Kroger has a steak sauce called "1883". It's a pretty good sauce for any kind of meat. It's worth trying with some of your favorite meats.

Lot of good BBQ sauces, the Sweet Baby is among the best.

I worked in the west end of Louisville for a quite a few years. That was the part of town that was predominantly black and most everybody liked to grill and had their private sauce recipes. We had lots of customers bring us grilled ribs. Among the best sauces was from one of the chefs from a fancy place in downtown. We sold him ribs 30 pounds at a time. He would bring us a gallon of sauce and a couple racks of ribs every month or so. His secret ingredient was orange juice. It was the best BBQ sauce I ever tasted..
                    Matt B
                    So. In
                    Crashers

Comment

Yep. BBQ sauce is a very serious thing to develop. I published mine on HRW many years ago, and I got a lot of PMs about it when people tried it. BBQ sauce is regional, too. In Texas its very sweet because its mostly beef. Kansas City sauce is on beef, too, but has a completely different flavor profile, using mustard and hot pepper. In the Carolinas, the sauce is very thin and vinegary, and across the Deep South, there are two sauces used, one for injecting and serving, and one for serving that is sweeter. When I lived in Louisville in the 1980s, there was a place that had beef, pork shoulder (dark meat), pork loin (white meat), bologna (Arkansas round steak), goat, and mutton. It was like a cafeteria, and he had a citrus-like sauce. I wonder if that's the same style.

Comment

You will get different sauces from different areas of the states , some use mustard as a base , others use ketchup as a base . It also depends on what type of meat you will be putting it on .

Comment

• Fathead59
                          Fathead59 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          When I was able to cook Food Network was my go to for recipes

• slothead
                          slothead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I hope this doesn't mean you're now stuck eating boring food. I've often looked up Food Network recipes too, but now that I'm getting a Blackstone griddle set up on the deck I've been watching cooking videos on Youtube. Looking forward to grilled Philly cheese steak and pastrami sandwiches as soon as I get the propane tank filled and the griddle seasoned.

• Fathead59
                          Fathead59 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          slothead , if my stroke had not taken one half of my body I would still be married and still cooking , but since I can not really control my left side ( lucky I am right hand ) I really don't cook as much . The want is still there but everything else is gone

This is what happens after someone spiked Harry’s Baby Ray’s Sauce!😬

Click image for larger version

Name:	4D450C34-B278-4D17-A0DD-4136BB68B1D6.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	105800
                        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
                        Facebook-
                        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
                        YouTube-
                        https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

• Fathead59