Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
    Facebook-
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
    YouTube-
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

I miss my Tonkas...
    -Harry

Comment

A Tonka truck could spend the winter buried in the snow in a sandbox and come spring fired up instantly and was ready for the job at hand.

Add a bulldozer, loader, and road grader and you could build a miniature interstate highway system.

Comment

My daughter used to push herself around on a Tonka before she could walk. Those things are indestructible!

Comment

My SOB father left all my toys behind when we moved (many times, all over the Eastern US), so I was obsessed that my boys' toys were never left behind. So here I am, 70+ years old, and on the second floor of my barn, there is a trunk full of Tonka trucks, and boxes of tinplate cars, games, forts, gas stations with elevators and spiral ramps, vast amounts of little adventurers (space guys, cowboys, soldiers, etc.). They couldn't care less. But they never knew loss trauma from me! I honestly don't know what to do with all that tonnage. But I can tell you every one of the Tonka toys, airplanes and all, all the MicroMachine towns, gas stations, parking garages, and who knows what that their mother and I sat up until the wee hours of the morning sticking stickers all over them. It was a good time raising good boys, I have to say.

Comment

Rob sounds like you should maybe give American Pickers a call
            Dave
            Peterborough Ont
            CANADA

Comment

About 10 years ago, my brother gave me one of my old Marx 6-inch plastic soldiers that I used to play with over 50 years ago. His wife dug it up while gardening (they live in the house I grew up in) - no doubt it was left out in the yard the very last time he fought in battle 😁 That plastic warrior looks exactly like he did the day I left him behind in the dirt.

It's true what they say about plastic - that stuff will be around a very, very long time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3722.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	104420

Comment

• RvE
                RvE commented
                Editing a comment
                Its amazing the good the condition of the plastic soldier. It shows you how long its going to take for the earth's plastic to breakdown into base elements. I think I recall having a similar solider as a kid. thanks for sharing.

• Pappy
                Pappy commented
                Editing a comment
                To Mother Earth fifty thousand years is a blink of the eye. Fifty thousand years after man is extinct from this world there won't be any signs that he ever existed.

If you get a chance, look up "toy restoration" on Youtube and there are guys out there that bring back those old rusted Tonka Trucks back to life and they do an outstanding job on most of them!! Most just need a little TLC for rejuvenation!!!!
              TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
              Warren, Ohio

Comment

I customized this Tonka pickup when I was a teen. Still have it and an un messed with one. I have bad thoughts of putting a motor and guide in the custom one.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	C503310D-9A0E-415F-9D5B-DF6531A9D0D7.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	104503

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1