Princess Nerf Returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princess Nerf Returns!

The granddaughters arrived late last night and we spent today at steeplechase horse races. But the 11 year old couldn’t wait to get back and head down to the slot track. She is a darn good driver and you don’t want to be on her outside shoulder around turns, hence the nickname. It was great to see her laughing as she has had a rough year beyond the Covid stuff. She was seriously ill with an autoimmune GI illness that will be with her from here on, but is responding well to treatment. It was hard not to be able to see her during this past year. I was so excited today when she asked if we could build a white kit together so she could paint her own car. A slot.it Lola is on the way,😀
    Mike V.
    Western North Carolina

Nothing better. And I mean it.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
    https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

She made a night racing video today and wants lights in her white kit build. Slot.it Lola on the way!

Mike V.
      Western North Carolina

Comment

Thats just AWESOMENESS
        TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
        Warren, Ohio

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFEF202F-228C-437A-9866-5F5BDFBB67EB.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	103238

Just arrived! We’ll do the slot.it Lola first, then the Cooper-Ford because the Lola has a chassis already. I’ll partially assemble the body and prime it, then mail it to her for painting the color coat. Also will partially disassemble the chassis so we can “build” it together when she visits again. She chose gold for her main color with purple accents. Will print some purple stripe decals for her to apply. She seems excited and you can’t beat working on a project with your grandkid!😄
          Mike V.
          Western North Carolina

Comment

• chappyman66
            chappyman66 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, worth every penny.

If you are able to find a MRRC Sebring Series chassis it will fill that kit

Comment

Thanks, Fathead59. She likes driving this one with a rear-hinged iso-fulcrum chassis I built a couple of years ago but building one from kit with her would be fun. My first kit way back when was a Monogram Cooper-Ford.

Name:	2A841E91-9C2A-4588-B220-C1EC4A7FE74A.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	103414 Click image for larger version

Name:	B875E022-E932-41C5-A876-F3E172C67880.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	103413
            Mike V.
            Western North Carolina

Comment

• chappyman66
              chappyman66 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty car.

Name:	2E48A13A-E734-4600-A67A-ABAFD6E10DB7.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	124058 Click image for larger version

Name:	EBD92DDF-E867-457E-AF09-532B9889470D.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	124057

Grandma returned from a visit with the kids and brought Princess Nerf’s first attempt at painting a body back. A little touch up here and there and voila! The child is having a rough time dealing with recently diagnosed Crohn’s Disease So building a car with grandpa is a fun diversion. They are planning to visit here in November so I will put together the kit In subsections so she can finish building her car within her 11 year old’s attention span. Her chosen color scheme is purple and gold (her parents’ alma mater colors) so some purple stripe decals will go on the printer soon.
            Mike V.
            Western North Carolina

Comment

Tell her she did a great job on the paint....Enjoy these time with your Princess Nerf !!Sounds like she is just plain COOL!
              Rusty
              Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

• Mickey thumbs
                Mickey thumbs commented
                Editing a comment
                I did and sent her these pics. She was a little disappointed that it wasn’t more involved, but I explained to her that we still had to install the windshield, working lights, interior with driver, decals and change the rear tires to racing silicones not to mention applying oil and grease. She perked right back up. Special times that fly by, Her older sister has her learners permit already!
            Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1