Oldie but Goodie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldie but Goodie

The McLaren Elva was one of the early files put together when I started printing.
    I finally got it mounted and running tonight and I am pretty happy. 3DP body, chassis, guide, and wheels. Vacform glass off a 3DP buck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210303_202400.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	85159

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210303_202739.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	85160
    ​​​​​
    I will change the fronts eventually but they are what I have available right now. On to the details.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
    https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

God job.

Comment

Nice car Paul, it looks great!
      They were cool cars,

Thanks for your assistance printing!
      Cheers,
      Paul

Comment

Looks good

I am not having much luck with resin guides . The blade keeps breaking. I have gone to a hybrid guide where I glue in a sytrene blade to give some durablity. I have some ABS like resin coming to see if it is any better then the Tenacious/regular resin mix I have been playing with. Guides have been a epic fail in resin for me.
        Cheers

Dan
        G.P Alberta

Comment

Hi Dan,
          All I know is the PLA guides. I had a batch (6) fail for layer adhesion when I was tweaking temperatures. But once I got that all settled (195), I have been quite happy. I added a small spacer on my design since I found myself wanting the guide deeper on the chassis I normally run and it seems to work just fine.
          For resin.....no experience.
          I don't know if it matters, but I print guides nose down, so the layers are perpendicular to the car direction. It kinda messes up the very top (end) of the shaft, but I trim that when I install them anyway so I don't care. If it mattered I would adjust the support there, but it doesn't so I am lazy and just hit "print" again when I need more.
          Come Race at The Trace!

Comment

Nice job I've put off doing mine because of the glass , I have been looking at those vac form mech. But cost in Australia is a bit out of my range.

Comment

The buck for the glass took a little work for me to figure out (I am a poor CAD designer) but once I got it working it makes fine glass.
              Come Race at The Trace!

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1