New wheels and inserts for trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wheels and inserts for trailer

A few years ago after I had redone a Strombecker Porsche RS, I made a trailer for it, to be towed by my AMT Ranchero...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1334.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	81062

As you can see, I hastily used some CB Design 15 x 7 wheels and I didn't even get around to making any inserts.

Name:	DSC_1335.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	81063

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and having had a 3D printer now for more than 2 years I decided to finally finish this properly. Plus, as a bonus, I would be getting a nice pair of aluminum CD Design wheels back into my inventory. I quickly drew up some very basic 14 x 5 wheels in TinkerCAD and then modified my version of a Porsche steel wheel insert to properly fit the wheel. I printed the wheels using a 0.4 mm nozzle and the inserts using a 0.2 mm nozzle. Tires are DArts urethane copy of a Ninco 20 x 7. I think it looks much more suitable now. But I do admit, the trailer looks a little basic - maybe some 3D designed and printed fenders with lights and a licence plate bracket?

Name:	DSC_2174.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	81064

Peter

PetesLightKits

Looks cool! Yeah, at the very least some fenders. You might want to make an interior for the car without a driver, for when you're towing. And ramps stowed on the trailer would be cool too!

Comment

• PetesLightKits
      PetesLightKits commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dean. The driver figure is moulded into the body. Yes, also thought about ramps.

Quite nice work. Having extra wheels in inventory is always nice.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
    https://cults3d.com/en/users/chappyman662/creations

Comment

Working...
    X
    UA-149438709-1