New BARC Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BARC Chassis

Finally got some resin in and test printed the new Can Am Chassis I designed for the proxy. This has been printed with general resin for print testing purposes. Took a couple of prints to get it all sorted out, but have arrived at the final design. The race version will be printed using a mixture of about 40% tenacious resin. Body is for the Porsche 917-10 print.

Bearings fit in all the corners. A 130 motor is installed on its side and then rotated into place creating no stress on the print. File needs mounting holes for the body as well as the motor screws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E889FEAC-CA33-4C79-A032-CB97AA614D13.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	70361 Click image for larger version

Name:	529D21D6-737E-48C7-8782-3DD7E2D54B20.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	533.5 KB
ID:	70362

NICE !!! When will you be making them available?
    Keep at it.

Comment

Once I get everything done on it (mounting holes)and successfully printed using a flexible resin, I will throw it on Thingiverse . I need to dress it out and do some running with it and see what I got here. It is nice to take some ideas and run with them., but I have no idea what this chassis will run like. If it is all good, this will be a freebee file on thingiverse.

Comment

It's given you something to work on, once you get a design you'll keep tweaking it.

The guide looks printed too, is that a thingiverse jobbie?

Comment

The guide is a Thingiverse file and is fine but I need to use a different resin. The guide wore away in 20 minutes of running

Comment

Nylon is probably going to be best for guides but not the easiest to do via FDM.

Comment

Very nice chassis, reminds me a bit of the old Cox chassis . Cuc.

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1