Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's just come off your printer?

Show off your latest prints!!

I have been working on pods and chassis for the builds as well as bucks for windscreens. My last body was a 910 Bergspyder.

That 917 looks great....I have been wondering about that car. Whose file did you use, or did you make your own?
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

• Rastas
      Rastas commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi chappy, I brought the file at Cults3d it done by hora80 , I've printed a few of those and have been pretty good models but I have had two that won't work . I did a free version of a 910 then gutters it for the body I will post a picture of it when the 956 is finished .

Race Results from yesterday....oh wait, am I on the right thread?
    Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

With this one , that's 3 of my porches favorites done now to find a 904 file and I'll have them all.

Comment

There is a 904 up on Thingiverse.
        Come Race at The Trace!

Comment

• Rastas
          Rastas commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll have a look at that one , all the 904's I've found are full cars not just body's like the 910 I did.

• chappyman66
          chappyman66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I cleaned out the 910, same thing on the 904. Have to open it up to make the shell.

• Rastas
          Rastas commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i dropped the infill back to just enough to hold the shell ,it made it a little easier to clean out the inside most of the infill came out like string . All the time and pla in the bin is a bit of waste but if that's what I have to do so be it.lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0085.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	57456 1/32 de tomaso pantera off the resin printer

Comment

• Kevan
          Kevan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it's pretty good.
          Elegoo Mars Pro. To fit it on the printer head it was stood on its rear end and tilted slightly.
          Wall thickness is 1mm so a bit heavy, 22g, I have the file for 0.8mm wall thickness which theoretically would save 4g.
          The resin is Abs-Like from Elegoo.

• -nimrod-
          -nimrod- commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Kevan,
          Great to see more and more Resin prints showing the possibilities of the end result, Beautiful model.
          Would it be as strong as Rastas FDM print?

• Kevan
          Kevan commented
          Editing a comment
          Strength-wise resin isn't equal to filament but it's already survived falling on a concrete floor from 1m. It feels about as flexible as an injection molded styrene body.
          ...I may even try resin printing my slotit type pod to test it's suitability for a motor and axle.

Kevan, that looks great! Nice to have an uncommon car.
        Come Race at The Trace!

Comment

I did this one awhile ago , thought I would post it for a bit of a comparison to your resin print.

Comment

• Kevan
            Kevan commented
            Editing a comment
            That's almost exactly how mine printed

Rastas,

You make Great prints look easy
          Excellent choice with the 917 and DeTomaso

Keep en coming!

Cheers
          NimROD

Comment

• Rastas
            Rastas commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks NimROD , I think it's more the printer than me LOL, how are those Can-Am files you said you would send me coming along I can't wait to print some of them after seeing the prints that have been posted here!

• -nimrod-
            -nimrod- commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Rastas,
            Yeah, I've been away for a while taking care of a little family stuff, back now so expect a few Emails very soon
            Cheers
            NimROD

Thanks to Nimrod for the file. Printed this last night. Came out ok but seems unnecessarily thin to me! I lost one of the mirrors but that was my fault. I printed it flat but may try doing 1 at an angle to get a better surface finish.

Comment

• Rastas
            Rastas commented
            Editing a comment
            I find I do the same with mirrors .

Here is the 904:

Name:	IMG_20201015_140044.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	59363
          And a fully printable turntable that might be useful:

Name:	IMG_20201018_124830.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	59361

Name:	IMG_20201018_125220.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	59362
          Come Race at The Trace!

Comment

• Rastas
            Rastas commented
            Editing a comment
            The 904 looks like it printed pritty good ! I downloaded the file a week ago I've been waiting on some filament ,that arrived today so I'll be able to make a start on it.
            Where did you get the turn table file from , it looks like it will be fine for painting .

This is printing now in CF-PETG, it's for an SCX Audi 90 GTO with a SlotIt sidewinder. I could print in Nylon but not sure it would be stiff enough, maybe I need to get a roll of CF-Nylon.

To get the outer shape I put the chassis and car body on the pc screen and drew a bezier curve in Inkscape, saved that shape as a .svg file, imported it into Fusion 360, extruded the .svg file and used it as a biscuit cutter for a simple explanation.

Name:	Audi 90GTO 78.2mm WB SlotIt SW Pod v3.png
Views:	240
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	59401

Comment

• Kevan
            Kevan commented
            Editing a comment
            I realised after posting this that creating the base for the chassis this way would save at least an hours work so a good lesson learned for me.
            Once the svg profile is extruded it can easily be scaled...I'll be using this trick loads from now.

Kevan, that's pretty cool. Looks like you need some modification around the guide flag mounting area though.......
          Love the concept.
          Come Race at The Trace!

Comment

• Kevan
            Kevan commented
            Editing a comment
            Guide mount works brilliantly, it's adjustable then when I'm happy with it's forward position it gets super glued in place. What work do you think it needs?

• chappyman66
            chappyman66 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thought you were aiming for something like the old BSquare mounts. I mistakenly took the alignment ribs for stiffeners only and thought you were trying the square peg in round hole. My mistake.

• Kevan
            Kevan commented
            Editing a comment
            The 'alignment ribs' down the centre is for an old axle to act as a stiffener and inline pivot for the pod and the guide holder slides fore and aft to suit.

Well I've been sticking to making simple things, like a guide toungue for my Scale Auto Pantera. The original broke several months ago. I just measured the dimensions and created a replacement using Tinkercad since it was so simple. It fit perfectly and the car is back on the track.

Comment

My latest prints are 3 chassis for SCX cars Click image for larger version  Name:	image_15680.jpg Views:	6 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	59753 Click image for larger version  Name:	CIMG8360.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	59758 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_15682.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.73 MB ID:	59755 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_15683.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	59756

All my chassis are made of prefabricated standard elements assembled together on a mounting plate in Freecad.The S4 chassis parts split‚Äč Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta S4 chassis split.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	59762
            and assembled Click image for larger version  Name:	Delta S4 chassis.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	59761
            Attached Files
            Last edited by alexis in greece; October 22, 2020, 06:53 AM. Reason: Add photos

Comment

• Kevan
              Kevan commented
              Editing a comment
              I like the idea of a kit, that eliminates some problems but creates different ones. There isn't a perfect way and we all do it or own way.
              The Fulvia HF is one of my favourite classic rally cars and seen regularly on slot rally nights, next week is the next one.

• Rastas
              Rastas commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a great idea , wish I could do this CAD design .
          Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1