New printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New printer

Picked up an Ender 3 Pro recently to supplement my Monoprice which is a bit small. Getting to know the printer and have been running some parts for the track. $200 well spent!! I run on Scaley Sport so always need these! So much stronger than original.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	15994864447031269065508733204746.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	52799 Next I remixed a clip I found on thingiverse that allows me to use pvc lattice for a border wall. $4 for an 8' piece makes for some inexpensive good looking border I think Gipper
    Click image for larger version

Name:	15994864781501449299751803033793.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	52807Click image for larger version

Name:	15994879580851666655550671243427.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	52808
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gipper; September 7, 2020, 10:13 AM.

Yep, those clips are helpful..... they hold a retaining wall on my track too.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

The clip as downloaded did not fit the Scalextric track so I simply grafted it to the standard guard rail clip I drew up. Printed up a few and they were way to tall for my liking. I ened up shortening them by 10mm and they are now just a smidge taller than the stock guard rails. I am planning on doing a version that would include ability to add fence post as well.

Comment

Yup, I used the screen cap which is what they were made for....super easy and did the whole carousel turn in one piece....plus great advertising space.
        You might take a look at Mr Flippant's catch fencing too.....it's easy and quite accomodating. They are up on Thingiverse as well.
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

I have downloaded his wall and fence files but was not keen on the print time for them so went this route instead. I may be using the fence and post though as a starting point for my own clips.

Comment

Are they printed in PLA?

Comment

I printed them in PLA+ at 20% infill with 3 walls. Solid where they need to be and strong as hell. So far so good!

Comment

I used the blue because it was what was in the printer. Does not bother me at the moment but nothing a quick shot of rustoleum wont cure if it does.

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1