X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Printable 1/32 size Wire Wheel suitable for Ninco Classic slot cars

3D Printable 1/32 size Wire Wheel suitable for Ninco Classic slot cars

https://www.printables.com/model/176018

This model makes use of multi-part modeling and disabling the “clip multi-part objects” option in PrusaSlicer to force each spoke to be printed across the perimeters of the other parts of the wheel for secure adhesion at both ends.

While the spokes and knock-offs are not the exact same as OEM Ninco Classic wheels, the rim and rib sizes are the same, so will take a tire made to fit those wheels. The hub will probably need to be carefully reamed, or a THWACK mallet can be used to knock the axle into the wheel. Careful not to ream it too big, or it will be wobbly!

The spokes are designed with a .4x.4mm cross section, which is two layers using a standard .4mm nozzle and standard .2mm layer thickness. I cannot speak to how well this will print using other nozzle sizes or layer thicknesses.

My prints pictured are proof of concept. It's likely that they can be made better with better quality filament and some settings tweaking, especially for flow and speed while printing the spokes.

I did not include STL files because of the nature of these models and the required settings in the slicer to make them print properly.

Last edited by MrFlippant; April 22, 2022, 01:01 PM.

They look good to me 👍
    Dave
    Peterborough Ont
    CANADA

Comment

• MrFlippant
      MrFlippant commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Actually, they look bloody good!

I'll have to test print in resin...

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenShot_WW_Ninco-Classic_NS.png
Views:	144
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	159420
    Kevan - Isle of Man
    Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

• MrFlippant
      MrFlippant commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I look forward to seeing the resin print.

Greg, Kevan,

How difficult would it be to resize these to other rim diameters/hub widths etc? I have been searching for 19" narrow wire wheels for a Top Slot W196 streamline body that I have on my bench. The body takes a MRRC Sebring chassis, but I haven't been able to find the right large diameter wire wheels yet.

Bob

Comment

Bob, Pendle do three different 19" spoked wheel & tyre sets and a 21" set.
      Kevan - Isle of Man

Comment

Bob, if Kevan's suggestion doesn't work out for any reason, I can easily edit the model for different sizes. I would just need all the important dimensions to the tenth of a mm.

Comment

Racer. Or BRM

Comment

Originally posted by Lindy View Post
            Greg, Kevan,

I have been searching for 19" narrow wire wheels for a Top Slot W196 streamline body that I have on my bench. The body takes a MRRC Sebring chassis, but I haven't been able to find the right large diameter wire wheels yet.

Bob
            Hi Bob, To second Kevan's suggestion , I would have a look at the wheel/tire pkgs, offered by Pendle (under the PCS name)....they offer 19" and 21" wire wheels (with or without tires), in widths from 5mm to 7mm, and, overall wheel/tire pkg. diameters in 22/23/25 mm.,.............these would look great on your Merc.

Cheers
            Chris Walker

Click image for larger version

Name:	pcs-wtp05_5.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	159468

Comment

...and the tyres are fantastic, glue & true and you're good to go and they don't need messing about with treatment and all that malarkey.
              Kevan - Isle of Man

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1