Printed resin shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printed resin shells

Some of my efforts at printing resin shells have failed miserably on the track. These were earlier efforts before the discovery of “Blu”

Issue has been how brittle they are.

On my own track I had a major when my resin 917 piled into the back of a stalled resin GT 40 that I did not see. Pieces went flying everywhere.
    Both of my Resin showdown entries were cracked during shipping. Easily fixed but something tells me any kind of major off could result in some serious damage.

Since these cars were printed I have switched to “Blu” which appears to be much stronger. I have dropped these shells onto a concrete floor and they bounced with no damage. I hope that translates well to track durability.

So in a nutshell , use “Blu”for resin body shells.

On the flip side the consequences of a major crash are quite realistic as you get a spectacular debris field. Seeing that 917 accelerating down the front strait, and then hearing the thud of a crash as it plowed into the back of the stalled GT40 had pieces strewn across the track in a most realistic way. Should have had the camera rolling. The good thing is no deformation of the pieces, and I glued the pieces altogether with CA and you can hardly tell they were wrecks. The PTEG chassis were fine
    Cheers

Dan
    G.P Alberta

Yes I can relate to that
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

If you have the time, and or ability to slap a quicky together and video it that would make a great video.

Comment

Well I was thinking of doing just that. Over the course of the last couple of years, I have built multiples of the same cars. Perhaps a staged crash test dummy video catching an impact and wreck of some of my “surplus resin” would be fun. Some slow motion replay to capture the event.
        Cheers

Dan
        G.P Alberta

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1