Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELEGOO Mars 2 Pro

Greetings All...
    Anyone here use an ELEGOO Mars 2 Pro? If so, how do you like it?
    For anyone resin-printing bodies, what size build plate do you think the minimum needs to be for a "typical" slot car body?

Thanks!
    We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games!

I think you can print 1:32 bodies with Mars 2 and Mars 2PRO. You'd need the Saturn to print 1:24 bodies.
    Uncle Jesse on youtube does excellent reviews on these machines - check him out.

Comment

See my post on SlotRacerForum.
      Kevan - Isle of Man
      Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

Yes, I have an Elegoo Mars2 Pro. Yes, it works fine for bodies although they do have to be tilted to fit. But that actually seems to work better anyway. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211118_204254.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	133948 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211022_221949.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	133946 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211123_210326.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	133947 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211102_183743.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	133945 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211025_141909.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	133944
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
        https://cults3d.com/en/users/chappyman662/creations

Comment

You don't need a 2021 model resin printer for good results, yes they may have a bigger build plate, yes they may be quicker...but the quality of the finished print is very similar.
          Kevan - Isle of Man
          Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

Anycubic Mono on sale for $169. This is the printer I use
            Cheers

Dan
            G.P Alberta

Comment

Greetings All...
              Thanks for the input - I decided to go with the ELEGOO Mars 2 Pro. I got a smokin' Black Friday deal on it and an Elegoo Wash & Cure station. Can't wait!
              Bill W.
              We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games!

Comment

• chappyman66
                chappyman66 commented
                Editing a comment
                Make sure you get spare FEP sheets, and the dry PTFE is helpful as well.

• Kevan
                Kevan commented
                Editing a comment
                I got a pack of 5 FEPS and hundreds of hours of printing with the original one I accidentally dropped the nut holding the plate into the vat which made a pinhole and a leak onto the LCD below...GET A SCREEN PROTECTOR FITTED ON THE LCD FIRST!
                ...I don't put anything at all on my FEP, I drain it after every print and filter back into the bottle then scrape the FEP with a plastic scraper, wipe the edge of the vat with blue roll...then go again.
                ...I do put a black bin liner over the printer when there's resin in the vat to keep daylight out.
            Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1