Slicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slicer

which slicer do you use? does anyone use ideamaker?

Older version of Cura, 3.6, simple, and only a few tweaks, more than acceptable prints every time.

Comment

FDM - Qidiprint
      Resin - Chitu (I don't like Lychee but it has Netfabb access to fix files), I don't like the slicer that came with the printer (Anycubic Photon Workshop) and I don't like Prusaprint

...I've recently heard about Formware but it's £120...but I'm interested if it's better than freewares.
      Kevan - Isle of Man
      Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

I use a bunch. For my FDM printer (Dual-Extruder modified Ender 3), I use Cura, Simplify 3d, Matter Control (from Matterhackers) or Prusa Slicer. Each has its own pros and cons. Cura and Simplify3d seem to me to be the best. Cura is free, and Simplify3d is moderately priced. For resin printing, I use the latest version of Chitubox. It's also useful to have a file correction app like Meshmixer.
        Stan S.
        Newberg, OR
        Autodromo Rossa Colline (Red Hills Raceway)
        Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

I use CURA 4.0 for FDM. I think the later versions don't let you import profiles. For Resin I use Chitibox and Creation Workstation X. Tried to use Lychee but it requires a higher end graphics car so not all of my PCs can run it.

Comment

I use flashprint 4.6 it came with the printer, I found it a lot easier to use , I'm not computer savvy and couldn't find my way around Cura . I have a Flash forge creator pro.

Comment

I am on the verge of getting an Elegoo Saturn to print 1/24th scale bodies. I see there is some discussion about Chitubox become a subscription product.
              Does anyone know if the free version covers all the features you are likely to use?

Mark

Comment

• Kevan
                Kevan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes

I use PrusaSlicer & Simplify3D.
              Bill
              Eugene, OR
              Thingiverse stuff

Comment

Cura and Simplify3D if necessary.