Fly Winglet Replacement Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Winglet Replacement Idea

I needed to do a repaint on an old Flunder body that I forgot was in sad shape The two rear winglet things had been superglued back on. As this car was going to a proxy I was pretty sure the wings would not survive the racing, much less USPS. I saw a post, maybe on here, where someone had used rubber to repair some spoilers so I found some thin rubber for the idea, then stumbled across and even better choice while in a Hobby Lobby. I simply cut the rubber around the shape of the broken winglet and along where the old mounting post should have been. I had to enlarge the holes in the body slightly but all in all it was pretty simple. I primed and painted the rubber, added decals, and installed. Time will tell how well this works but the proxy should do the trick. Fingers crossed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wings3.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	89460 Click image for larger version

Name:	Wings2.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	89461 Click image for larger version

Name:	Wings1.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	89462 Click image for larger version

Name:	Flunder4.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	89463

Well done !!,...........for any "questionable" body parts, CA is far from the best option, as it has very little shear strength.........a much better option is a bit of E6000/ShoeGoo/Lepages100 etc., something that has a bit of flex !!. These adhesives all dry nice and clear, and will not attack your paint..another big bonus

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

That is a slick idea! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great idea and looks like it worked out well!

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1