Policar BRZ - rear axle & wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policar BRZ - rear axle & wheels

Just got my tire razor this past week. I opened up the Policar BRZs and observed the bushings don't appear to be removed without removing the stock plastic wheels and pulling the axle out.

Just to confirm, if I pop off my plastic wheels from the axle, I will most likely need to use a bit of CA when I reattach them? My other concern is the knurled axle... when I pull it out through the bushings is this going to cause any issue with the bushings themselves? I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this situation and how you handled it.

not familiar but do they pop off nice and easy like a slot.it plastic wheel or more like the scaley bit more effort to get them off ?

I would be more inclined to leave them on, might be hard to make them true and straight if u need to glue them on

Comment

Great value for the money, looks like slot.it wheels so should be able to just pull on and off easy. Does it even have a knurled axle ?

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/p....html?___SID=U

Wonder if these would beat GT3 scaleys if both had same motor ?

Comment

You should be able to pop out the entire rear axle assemble, bushings and all. It will work fine on the tire razor. If you remove the wheels from the axle, you will need to drill holes in rims for super glue to work. You may have to true the wheel as well as the tire. The stock axle is slightly under-sized to allow it to pass through the bushing, so it has some slop. I usually replace the axle, gears, and wheels with slot.it parts and Paul Gage tires.

Comment

Here's some pictures -- the chassis doesn't appear to allow me to pop out the entire rear axle. Was a bit surprised when I opened it up. I watched Dave's BRZ chassis replacement, and it looks as though I have to pop the wheels off and then slide the axle out and pop the bushings out the side.

Attached Files

Comment

Ouch, one of those, worst case scenario. You have pull the crown gear, too. Did you buy the car used?

Comment

• jfuente
              jfuente commented
              Editing a comment
              No, these are new factory stock from the box set. Was just hoping to pull the assembly out to true the wheels and tires on my tire razor.

Cut the plastic away that is above the bushings with a razor saw , utility knife or dremel. You will be left with two bushing slots similar to most plastic chassis cars. Simply seat, align and glue your bushings in place as you would in anything else when you re-install your factory setup or replacement rear axle and gearing. This will also give you the option to raise the rear axle slightly if you wish to lower the C of G.

Comment

• jfuente
              jfuente commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! I'll go this route. Appreciate it.

That is a much better idea than having to remove the crown gear. The last time I tried to remove and reuse a plastic crown gear I ended up replacing the crown gear and pinion. But you still may want to consider upgrading to brass pinion and crown gear, better axle and aluminum wheels. They are much better for long term usage. Those tires won't last forever, so what do you do next time you need to true new ones?
            Last edited by Bal r 14; July 19, 2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1