UV activated glues, suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV activated glues, suggestion?

I know Harry here likes this stuff, I googled it to buy some and the list of the stuff is endless, price range is wide too. What are you guys who like this stuff using? It would be for chassis gluing, like motors and bushings. Just basic tune up things. Thanks for suggestions.

I got this glue and curing light a couple of years ago from Amazon, and they work very well. A lifetime supply of resin and the light is much better than the single-LED pen-type applicators.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Po...0GU55270&psc=1

Comment

They may sell it as glue but most of it is just UV curing resin, not glue.

LOCTITE 4305 - is a transparent, pale green, cyanoacrylate cured by exposure to low intensity light in the UV and visible light spectrum, with secondary cure capability effected by surface moisture. It provides outstanding plastic bonding capabilities and super fast surface cure; tack-free time up to 5 secs and fixture time 2 secs. Also suitable for bonding ceramics and metals.
      Last edited by Kevan; June 26, 2021, 06:44 AM.
      Kevan - Isle of Man
      Life is like a box of Slot cars...🚓🚗🚚🚜

Comment

• dinglebery
        dinglebery commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you use this? How pale green does it cure?

• Kevan
        Kevan commented
        Editing a comment
        I've not used it, I googled UV CA and copied/pasted here.

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
      They may sell it as glue but most of it is just UV curing resin, not glue.

LOCTITE 4305 - is a transparent, pale green, cyanoacrylate cured by exposure to low intensity light in the UV and visible light spectrum, with secondary cure capability effected by surface moisture. It provides outstanding plastic bonding capabilities and super fast surface cure; tack-free time up to 5 secs and fixture time 2 secs. Also suitable for bonding ceramics and metals.
      Kevan, am I correct in thinking you are saying the UV curing resin wont stick to plastic very well as it's not a glue?
      Bram,
      CHCH NZ

Comment

• Kevan
        Kevan commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't seem to...however, some resins seem better than others, I use a little Siraya Blu as it's mainly resin with little in the way of fillers and it does stick well if you key the surface with a rough sandpaper first.
    Working...
    X
    UA-149438709-1