Pledge/Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pledge/Future

My bottle of Pledge is approaching it's 10th Bday and its still 80% full. The last time I used it, it seemed a bit thick. What could I use as a thinner?

Thanks
    Randy
    Randy C
    Grindrod B.C.
    Canada

Believe it or not water it won’t take much to do the trick
    Dave
    Peterborough Ont
    CANADA

Comment

I agree. I use a little bit of water to thin Future for airbrushing top coat. Really, really, just a little. To get the smallest amount and not mess up, add it to the bottle a few drops at a time. The clear bottle makes it easy to mix and to see if you have done enough.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Randy
        Randy C
        Grindrod B.C.
        Canada

Comment

Do you guys clear over the pledge?

Comment

I don't. After a few coats and drying time I do sometimes hand polish with automotive liquid wax.
            -Harry

Comment

If the car has waterslide decals on it Future is not durable enough to protect them. Often solvent based clear coats will attack decals, to keep the job from getting ruined I give decals a couple of coats of Future. When the Future is dry I coat everything with a solvent based clear like Testors or Krylon Crystal clear. An automotive clear like DupliColor would be even more durable, but would possibly attack your finish color coat.
              Last edited by RichD; July 6, 2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• noddaz
                noddaz commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait... So you clearcoat your clearcoat? 😄

No wonder my cars look so bad!

Scott (With Monty Python's Spam , spam, spam spam running through his head)

• waaytoomuchintothis
                waaytoomuchintothis commented
                Editing a comment
                Rich, this confirms what I suspected... I don't wanna race you, ever! Dodge, I have never, ever seen decals harmed under Future in normal racing. I use two coats, finish with car wax for slipperyness, and that's it for ten or fifteen years. Then it gets yellow and I have to wash it off and recoat. None of this harms decals, unless you are in a bad crowd that destroys their own art. Avoid extremely competitive people!

• Dodgefarmer
                Dodgefarmer commented
                Editing a comment
                Avoid extremely competitive people!

aaahhh errrr uuuuhmmm

t/a proxy?

Thinking about Spam now , and it is making me hungry , a fried Spam sandwich with cheese

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1