Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when I thought I was done

I decided to weigh the car.
    1/32 sized brass chassis build, Camaro body from Monogram Snap Kit.
    Finished weight. 122 grams
    122 GRAMS? Well, ok then. I really don't know if that is heavy for a home built brass chassis car. But it "sounds" heavy. Then I went looking for a quote by Colin Chapman. This one. "Simplify, then add lightness."
    And I also found this quote by Colin Chapman, "Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."
    So I started removing weight. Removed a few brackets and drilled a few holes. Ok, more than a few holes. But done and now the complete car is a svelte 114 grams.
    Let me add a picture of the chassis.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	lightened chassis.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	80152
    As a comparison, my Carrera MB Stihl DTM weighs 112 without the rear spoiler.
    Now to box it up and ship it.

Scott
    Attached Files
    Last edited by noddaz; February 7, 2021, 05:56 PM.
    Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Consider a Revoslot slot motor or a 20k 200grm/torque motor and have it ready for the O2.0 Trans Am Proxy. I’m a 104 grams on my car which finished 15th last series.
    The Jester
    of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
    the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."

I'm with Mr. Chapman on this.

The Corvette C6R I entered in this year's GT3 proxy weighs 87 grams and is powered by an NSR 19k King. It's currently 8th in the series, competing against a grid of 26 other cars not one of which is turning less than 25k at the crank.
      Team SCANC
      Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
      OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
      Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

We will see what Harry thinks of this car first. I sent to him for his Brass AM Challenge. I hope I don't embarrass myself too badly.

Scott
        Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1