Cherokee Garage Beach Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherokee Garage Beach Racer

The 37 Ford Coupe arrived today so that is the next project for myself. It is painted yellow (nicely) but that will come off and be replaced with gloss black. Should be a quick and easy build, then I'll get back to Smokeys truck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010008.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	147536 Click image for larger version

Name:	beach racer cherokee garage.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	147537 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010013.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	147538
    The last week I got 6 Ebay project cars ready to sell, repaired 4 of the Tuesday Nite Crashers cars and did a new Willys body on one of the guys car. Still got the truck on wheels. These snow days are helping out!
    A couple of the Ebay projects. Glad to have them finished and going out the door.

Name:	P1010045.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	147539 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010031.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	147540 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010025.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	147541
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

That '37 will be a great looking car Matt. Ebay purchases don't make sense here, the freight cost is in most cases doesn't make it cost effective.
    Is the truck a Cameo? My favorite years of Chev trucks, 55-59.
    Brad
    Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

• mattb
      mattb commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a Cameo. My faves, too. I've been using ebay to sell slots and all types of auto/ hobby related stuff for years. Costs and postage have really changed things. I've sold NOS slot parts for an older guy that got a small warehouse of retail slot car stock back in the 70's. Postage costs and Ebay costs made me quit selling small amounts. Too much trouble for the fee costs and not a good deal for the buyer that has to pay postage costs. Now I sell large amounts to a few guys and when I list stuff on Ebay, I make it enough parts so it is worth paying the postage. I am caught up with his stuff now and he is in Texas till March. My time is my own for awhile. He's a good guy and at 84 hates tech.

Cherokee Garage Nascar Beach Racer. The chassis is done. Need to finish stripping the yellow paint and do the body over in black. I'll need to test run the chassis and see if the brass push bumpers are too heavy, particular in the back. That might be too much weight behind the back wheels. If it is, I'll either run the stock bumper of make a tube nerf bar.

Name:	P1010006.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	149162 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010008.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	149163 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010009.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	149164
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

Looking good Matt!
      Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
      Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Oh yeah.
        -Harry

Comment

BE STILL MY HEART
          TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
          Warren, Ohio

Comment

Going to be a cool rig for sure. Nice work!
            Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
            Facebook-
            https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
            YouTube-
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Those bumpers look serious Matt, I don't think I would want to be on the receiving end of a hit.
              Looks like you've got the ride height about perfect.
              Brad
              Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

I changed the bumpers. Too much weight out back and too big to look good in front. Now there's a smaller front with a flat tow bar and matching rear bumper. Chassis might be done. I need to test these changes and play with gearing.

Name:	P1010005.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	149419
                Stripped the body and got some paint and decals on it. I scabbed up an interior and fitted a driver. Next up is clear coating. I think I'll do thin coats of lacquer and skip the future. It'c coming along. I pulled the drive train from the barge, and replaced the drive train with silicones and a little hotter motor more suited to my track.

Name:	P1010004.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	149420

Name:	P1010003.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	149421

Maybe get the beach done the net week.. Enjoying building more scale cars and brass chassis. Haven't done that for quite a few years.
                Attached Files
                Matt B
                So. In
                Crashers

Comment

The paint is piled on, the body is cobbled together. I think the frame will stay together so it's time to start testing and see how bad it is. I will keep at it till it runs in circles without tipping over. I have to figure out how this under powered coupe can get next to that big Hemi of Harry's and maybe cut his tire down or something. I might put a sharp edge on that front bumper.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.1 KB ID:	151318 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010004.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	151319 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.1 KB ID:	151320
                  Matt B
                  So. In
                  Crashers

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Matt, that car looks fast just sitting there. It must be the black paint.

Comment

Matt, that came out good. looks just like the picture.
                        Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
                        Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

• mattb
                          mattb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          thanks guys. It needs testing now and I hope it will run fairly well.

That looks great Matt, it really captures the look of the day. Your "turn left" chassis had me intrigued from the land barge build. I've being tossing some ideas around as I build some other chassis, I may have to give the left weighted chassis some consideration. The unpainted wheels make an easy transfer from one project to another.
                        Brad
                        Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

• mattb
                          mattb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wheels, tires, guide flag, gears and motor. all transfer from the barge. I didn't do an offset motor on this narrow chassis, just some offset weight.

Oh yes indeedy sir, well done.
                        -Harry

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1