ECTO-1 Build for Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECTO-1 Build for Halloween

I have embarked on a quest to create another Ecto-1 Hero Car from the movie Ghostbusters.
    I have one that a built 2 years ago and it was basically my first scratch built car (even thou it’s digital)before I started doing brass chassis. The first one was a AMT Camaro model slot car kit. It basically was used to support the car in general. It is a 6 wheeled car as the original model front end section was retained and underneath was the metal AMT chassis tucked under the car. The siren and lights were from Evans designs that produced model train LED lights. The car is a digital car when I first put it together as I did not have the analog box that I have now for my Carrera track. There is a new lighting kits that have been out that is for a Lego version of the car. This has a lot of different things that the other kit did not. This version will be an Analog one with a battery pack and two separate switches to power the lights and siren separately. This one will also be a scratch built brass chassis. I am hoping to have it completed before Halloween and send it off to HRW Headquarters so Harry can have some fun with it on Halloween night. Parts and model kit have been ordered. I will do a build progress on this thread showing the beginning to the finished car.I know this one will be better painted and be a better car then the first one. Picture below is the first one I did.

Stay Tuned!
    Who You Gonna Call????
    Attached Files
    Area 51 Raceway North Carolina U.S.A

Have Fun Racing!!

This will be ggggg good.
    Brad
    Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

Here is a video of the first Ecto-1 I build on the track. This one is a digital car.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

• ourwayband
        ourwayband commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a COOL build.layout looks great also!!

My previous Halloween entry Click image for larger version

Name:	12122437_10207007852129332_2155436111928403097_n - Copy.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	124516 Click image for larger version

Name:	12115525_10207007851929327_621716348392835626_n - Copy.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	124515

Comment

Started out with cutting brass as a start. Got the parts for the run g gear and the model will be here today.
        Last edited by Area 51 Raceway NC; October 8, 2021, 09:49 AM.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Some more progress with getting the guide set up and length. When I get the model later today I can get a better idea where the guide will fit under the car.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

• TuscoTodd
            TuscoTodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Lookin' good!

Finished the chassis tonight which I ran into a few. Issues but redid it and it all came out straight and good. Now just need to wait for the axles which will be here in a few days. Will start some painting tomorrow.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Well I figured I should keep going. Painted the body and cut out the front section for the wheels that will be mounted on the front. Body and parts are in the dehydrator and now I need to paint the small pieces that go on to the roof.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Some more progress this morning.
              sanded the body after base coat was sanded and added the fins and decals. Now clearing it and another 10 hours in the dehydrator.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

• Brad_T
                Brad_T commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great, the two tone paint line looks perfect. What tape are you using?

Great progress! πŸ˜πŸ‘

Comment

Originally posted by TuscoTodd View Post
                Great progress! πŸ˜πŸ‘
                Thanks!

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Light kit came in today and the body has been cleared.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Wow, coming along quickly. The dehydrator certainly speeds up the paint drying time.
                    Brad
                    Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Brad_T View Post
                      Wow, coming along quickly. The dehydrator certainly speeds up the paint drying time.
                      Thanks Brad! Yes it does for sure. It helps with water slide decals also, You set it to 95 Degrees which is the lowest setting for 15 minutes and the decal is dried on the body. For resign cars I don't recommend it for drying.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Progress made on the build. Just waiting for the additional lights I needed to complete the body.

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1