Piper Ferrari 250 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piper Ferrari 250 GT

A re-chassis of a recently released Fly Goodwood TT Ferrari 250 GT in David Piper’s livery. A simple sidewinder slot.it to run with my similar classic sports cars.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	25F849FC-E7CB-4FFC-B21A-F761D88BDE4E.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	666.6 KB
ID:	117783 Click image for larger version

Name:	7635108B-CDBE-4383-A896-83E5C9F599B9.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	667.3 KB
ID:	117784 Click image for larger version

Name:	48C34C2D-790E-4D84-9750-B0D95E4FE908.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	941.2 KB
ID:	117785 Click image for larger version

Name:	72B1154B-83EC-4CE9-8911-F63BA3208971.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	117786
    Mike V.
    Western North Carolina

What components did you use for the chassis? The front end looks like it might be a weak point, how's it working?

Comment

Just finished it today - can’t wait to get it run in and start getting some times in. Used 1/16” brass rod and 0.032” strip. I’ll probably add 0.047” piano wire from the pod mount strip to the guide strip on both sides. My track doesn’t have any high speed sweepers but has a tight esses section which favors light chassis over heavier brass ones. My first builds had the usual brass side pans, but they have become increasingly minimalist. The SW motor puts plenty of weight in the rear for my purposes.
      Mike V.
      Western North Carolina

Comment

Exquisite model. Nice work on the chassis, too.

Andre
        Andre Ming
        Poteau, OK

Comment

The chassis looks great, but I have to say I am disappointed. I have looked for that Modena Green paint for over a decade. That body you have is perfect. I was hoping you painted it and would tell me where you got the paint!

Comment

Way..... as you can see I’ve settled on Tamiya TS53 Park Green on my Piper body builds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1D479C8D-3D48-45B3-9693-6C5D01694F11.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	987.7 KB ID:	117953

Rumor has it that a U.K. based paint company carries a Piper Green. Can’t remember if it is auto body shop or model paint. Fly did a beautiful job on these bodies. Last time I looked the cars were still available from Pendle.
            Mike V.
            Western North Carolina

Comment

That's what I did, too. But in addition to how hard it is to match the Piper Green, David Piper changed the shade of green several times. Its funny, I found the exact duplicate of the light blue-green that Hudson used on the famous early 50s Hornets (its a factory engine paint from Detroit Diesel), but that blasted English Ford Modena Green is just impossible to get right mixing my own. You're right, the color is available in rattle can in England, but by the time you can get it here you would have spent $50 or more, and that was a decade ago. Who knows what it would cost for overseas shipping now.

Comment

Zero paints from the UK makes the exact colour for the models indicated. Zero paint is available in the USA from - https://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store...oller=category
                and in Canada from Paul at Paints & more in Calgary: Phone: +14036696270 - Email: [email protected]

These are suppliers I am aware of, check to see if your local shop stocks these products. Zero Paints (https://www.zero-paints.com/) and Gravity Colors (https://www.gravitycolors.com/produc...ty-colors-usa/) make a very large selection of exact colour paints for racing and street car models. Both are highly recommended!

Chris

Click image for larger version  Name:	David Piper Green.JPG Views:	1 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	117994
                Last edited by F1Fan; August 31, 2021, 01:43 PM.
                "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
                "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1