Update on American Stockers and video tour of the makerspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on American Stockers and video tour of the makerspace

I have been off this site for a while. After making a lot of progress my free time to work has evaporated and sadly the Plymouth is on hiatus.

My daughter had to return to work leaving me to watch a newborn for 45 hours per week. I really do enjoy spending time with her so my projects got pushed back. And, it really is something that has to be done.

In addition my mother fell breaking her hip and she lives 600 miles away. That has been a major concern and makes it hard to focus on hobby stuff.

She has recovered and is home as of Friday. After the holidays I hope to be able to work weekends in the shop and see if I can get things moved along.

I made a video yesterday showing the tools I have collected in my workshop.

In the meantime, a good friend of mine will be using this equipment to try his had at making new bodies for T-Jets. He has far more skills than me at machining and I expect his work to be first rate.

I'm so jealous, That looks like a great place to get away and relax at. Glad to hear everything is still going well.

Comment

I've already purchased paints, decals, and a Pioneer Charger race chassis in expectation of your next 1:32 scale stocker body - Roadrunner or Torino. So don't think demand has lessened due to the delays. I'll be buying more stuff from you as soon as it becomes available.

Bobby Isaacs tribute car would be my first choice.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1972-grand-torino-Sport-bud-moore-isaac-15-7.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around%7C392%3A262.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	11094

Comment

Originally posted by Proxie Ken View Post

In the meantime, a good friend of mine will be using this equipment to try his had at making new bodies for T-Jets. He has far more skills than me at machining and I expect his work to be first rate.

Glad to see you back sir! Sorry to hear about your mother - hopefully the recovery will go smoothly!

Interesting to hear about a potential source for t-jet bodies! I hope if your friend is successful, he will share updates with us t-jet racers here on the boards as it would be great to see additional bodies become available!

Comment

Originally posted by TuscoTodd View Post

Glad to see you back sir! Sorry to hear about your mother - hopefully the recovery will go smoothly!

Interesting to hear about a potential source for t-jet bodies! I hope if your friend is successful, he will share updates with us t-jet racers here on the boards as it would be great to see additional bodies become available!
          I do not think he is on this forum so I will post some updates for him. He makes some items under the name of Dr. Oogan so he is very familiar with the HO slot racing hobby. I am going to do the CAD work designing the bodies, since they will be the same ones I already have designed and they are just going to get re-scaled. The computer work can be done in the house.

I am happy to see someone making some things with the shop even if I am busy changing diapers!

I am going to work on some hobby videos during nap times to keep myself busy.

Comment

Ken, thanks for the update on your projects.
            When you do get around to finishing the 71 Plymouth I will be buying several, but I can wait. I have a lot of projects to finish, so that will give me time to clear the work bench!

Randy

Comment

Hey Randy - since I clearly got my dibs in for the Torino first the Mopar will likely be delayed a while. I think Ken's grand daughter is gonna discover her toes soon and become totally obsessed with figuring out how to get them into her mouth to chew on. That should free up time for Ken to be able to clean up the Torino files and move that project ahead so the molds can be finished while watching the football playoffs in the workshop.

Then the little darling will start crawling, then walking, and getting into everything. But the Plymouth will get done too, probably as soon as she starts first grade.

Comment

Which ever one Ken does first is fine with me, I will just have more money saved up to buy more Plymouths.

Randy

Comment

Just like you Randy, whatever Ken makes available at any time I'll be making some purchases too. I've got Pioneer Legend fever right now so both my time and slot car dollars are spoken for.

I already have these decals for whenever a Roadrunner is released.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1