Lights for cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights for cars

Ok , I am looking for a little info on how to install lights on a car . Planning on building the Christine car and was thinking about placing a light inside the car that would glow as the car went around the track . I just want to know if it is doable , and if it is I will do the headlights and tail lights also . Was going to use LED lights for the whole thing . If it isn't doable then I will just make it into a stock car or maybe a dragster

There are many light kit options using Z Machine light kits. Easy to install, and work great. Here are a couple of tutorials.

Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
    Facebook-
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
    YouTube-
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

• Mickey thumbs
      Mickey thumbs commented
      Editing a comment
      How timely as I have the basis Z Machine lights on the way for my first effort at installation. My granddaughter wants lights on the slot.it Lola we are building together. Thanks, Scott.

Hey thanks Scott , I could use as much info as I can get

Comment

Slot Car Corner also makes a really bright headlight kit.
      Butch Dunaway
      Oxford, Ohio

Comment

Thanks Pappy , I will try to figure out something . Right now it is a small thought on paper , need to get it built first . Maybe I am biting off more then I can chew at this time . I can just make it a straight stock car instead

Comment

• PetesLightKits
          PetesLightKits commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't be intimidated. The final effect will be worth it. If you want a custom kit, drop me a note. I can wire one up for you with double headlights, tail-lights, an interior light. I also use different sized and temperature coloured LEDs that are best suited to the car.

Some really good tips there Scott. Until today I did not know hot glue came in black, and could hide the "bleed out" of the LED's. Also checking the light kit b4 installing is another great tip. Thank you.
        Scott C.
        Amherst, WI
        Just "a simple kind of man".

Comment

• PetesLightKits
          PetesLightKits commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been using and recommending black hot glue for years. It does 2 jobs in one. Put a small dab on the wires close to the LED, then position the LED where it gives the best light transmission through the headlight lens, then apply more hot melt and hold the LED in position for at least 30 seconds while the hot melt cools. Then use a small flat blade screwdriver to push the softened hot melt around to seal up any light gaps. I usually charge up my light kits (and keep them hooked up) when installing them so that you can line up the LEDs to get them in the proper position by viewing from the outside.

Thanks to Scott’s tutorials I put the basic Z Machine lights in my granddaughter’s Lola. So easy with the right knowledge and a cool effect. Neat how the brake lights stay on when off the throttle. She’ll love it! Thanks to Scott and everyone at HRW for sharing like you do.
        Mike V.
        Western North Carolina

Comment

• War Eagle River
          War Eagle River commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool stuff! Great job!
      Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1