Cunningham C-4RK [Update 11/23]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunningham C-4RK [Update 11/23]

This is a car I have been wanting to build for some time. I found the body on Ebay. I had to use a razor saw and my knife to remove the front and rear windows carefully to save them for masters to use on my vacuum form machine. The body needed a lot of clean up but is looking good. I am going to use a Slot It chassis with some mods. More to come!

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0740.jpg Views:	134 Size:	303.1 KB ID:	62663

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0741.jpg Views:	126 Size:	264.6 KB ID:	62664

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0743.jpg Views:	126 Size:	208.6 KB ID:	62665
    Last edited by dge467; November 17, 2020, 10:49 PM.

Love the Cunninghams. Looks like it will be a great build. Well done saving the glass cut outs - I am impressed with your patience.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Yes, beautiful car and job on the window cut outs, great re-use of the pieces for vacuum forming clear pieces!

Comment

Another really interesting car! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when you get it built out.

Allan

Comment

Nice job on the window openings.
          Matt B
          So. In
          Crashers

Comment

American powered greatness - love the Cunninghams!

Another interesting and unusual build here.

Will be watching the thread.

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

Thanks for looking! I have the body post mounted and it is heading to the paint booth soon.

Comment

A few updates on my progress. I painted the body with some Tamiya white. I masked off the stripes and brush painted them. Not perfect but they look good to me! I am making my own wheel inserts out of sheet plastic and cutting them out with a compass. The chassis is coming along and I have installed a Slot Car Corner "Tuna" motor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0750.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	64039

Name:	100_0748.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	64040

Name:	100_0749.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	64041

Name:	100_0751.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	64042

Comment

Looks pretty good to me. Once the car is running, it's always harder for me to finish it. Git 'er dun.
                  Come Race at The Trace!
                  Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Moving along. I have the wheel inserts done. A little one dimensional, but they look the part. Interior is finished. I had finished it up and promptly spilled a bottle of flesh colored paint all over the interior! Luckily it was water based paint and I brought it over to the sink and rinsed it off. I also made the side windows. Thanks for looking!

Name:	100_0754.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	65273

Name:	100_0759.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	65274

Name:	100_0758.jpg