New Chaparral 2F with SW flexi-board chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chaparral 2F with SW flexi-board chassis

Here is the latest from the workshop at Rockmoor Raceway.

Nice conversion! How does it run? Looks like the big 29K motor?
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

• Mickey thumbs
      Mickey thumbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Motor is the 25K Piranha, 11/32 gears, Quick Slicks on 15x10 wheels. Body was bought as a separate part, not a whole car. Very pleased with how it runs. I need to learn how to drive it as I haven’t built the same chassis twice so each new car handles a little differently. Once I get it figured out and broken in I’ll turn the Trackmate on see how I did. I aim to make my builds to be on the top of my heap of slot.it classics group of cars.

Put in some timed laps today and made some adjustments. Chassis by itself is very fast and smooth. With body mounted it runs with the fastest group of my classics sidewinder cars. About 1/10th sec. off the fastest laps set by the most recent slot.it Matra release and the Thunderslot Sunoco McLaren. Both are longer and wider as well as lighter. The older MRRC body is heavy, 28gm as compared to the slot.it Chaparral 2E at 16gm. Tried removing the side pans, but balance was lost. The top heavy body needs some brass down low. I may try swapping the 1/2” .032 pans for 1/4” . Great fun working on this project and as we know they are never really finished!😄
    On to the Vic Elford Porsche 908.

Comment

Awesome car and great report on your build.
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1