No announcement yet.

Strombecker McLaren M1B....Finished !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone interested, Dart Hobbies are now producing a repro Strombecker M1B body kit, with a clear resin winshield, and a whole bunch of detail bits...............like the rest of Art's resin stuff, it will no doubt be of exceptional quality.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

Also, if you go to the Dart Hobbies website and click on Events you'll find some very nice racing posters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RingwoodXIV.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	47907

Wouldn't this look great on the wall behind a slot car track?
      Attached Files

Comment

Chris:
        Gorgeous car and I would expect nothing less from you! Could you talk more about how you prepare the shut lines? To my eye, that makes a huge difference in the end result of the model realism.
        thx
        BB

Comment

Very Nice Work! Looks Fantastic

Comment

Beautiful work sir. Is there pictures of your other cars you've done that I can view?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippideedooda View Post
              Beautiful work sir. Is there pictures of your other cars you've done that I can view?
              Hello. I do have quite a few builds/cars on this site............If you are interested, you can go to my "user profile", click on "about", and find a link to the threads I have started, at the bottom of the page.
              Cheers
              Chris Walker

Comment

Originally posted by Doubl-B View Post
                Chris:
                Gorgeous car and I would expect nothing less from you! Could you talk more about how you prepare the shut lines? To my eye, that makes a huge difference in the end result of the model realism.
                thx
                BB
                Hi Bob, I wish I could tell you that I have a quick and easy way to produce perfect shut lines, but,..that would be a lie

I use exacto blades, a scribing tool, sandpaper, and bits of dremel disc.,.........and a whole bunch of time !!

I have fairly recently started using bits of thin dremel discs, ..........dragged along the shut lines by hand, and have found this to be quite effective.
                I break a disc or two, and use the various shapes to clean/deepen the lines. Pointed bits of disc are great for where two lines meet, and rounded bits seem to work very well on the main parts of the lines.
                A piece of folded 800 grit paper is used for a final clean/smooth.

Sorry there is no miracle

Cheers
                Chris Walker

Comment

• Doubl-B
                  Doubl-B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Part of a dremel disk - never thought of that! I usually back-drag an exacto knife blade and usually go off track and make more work for myself. Awesome suggestions- can’t to try! Thanks!
                  BB

Here's a handy tool to have to make the panel lines more pronounced.

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1