WOW....Revo Slot Porsche!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW....Revo Slot Porsche!

I have no doubt that some of you have had a slot car arrive in the mail and when you open the box your expectations are exceeded by the car inside the box. Today was one of those days for me, the Marlboro Porsche just "pops" in real life, much more so than pictures can do it justice!

Well done Revo!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210515_033124137.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	98569

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
    "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

I know exactly what you mean - I had the same experience when I opened up my Ferrari 333 MOMO car! Stunning!!

Comment

Great looking car. Any chance of a photo outside of the box?

Comment

Very nice choice. Had many conversations about this brand...and I feel that they (Revoslot) have the best finish overall than anyone.
        -Harry

Comment

• F1Fan
          F1Fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree about the finish, it's exceptionally good on all my Revoslot models. Maybe our resident news anchor, Mr. Kennedy, can do a piece on the origin of Revoslot (is there a BRM connection?) the unique chassis design and moulds that are being used for the bodies. I believe the bodies come from China, but the chassis is made in Italy?

Dang. I like the GT1. I feel a white kit need.....
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Yep, just one nice looking car!

Comment

Yep! I 2nd that.

Comment

• Atitagain
              Atitagain commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Ragtopman, that's a looker alright.

Is it just me or do the cars from gsnopoint and Ragtopman look unfinished because there's no Marlboro designations. A Marlboro livery should say it, not have some bar coded lines instead!! They just aren't the same as the OP car!

Comment

Thank the government for that.they should include the decals so you can install them your self. Sure somebody on these great forum will have some that wr all can purchase.

Comment

Adding to the notion! Factory livery I believe but these Revoslot 911 GT1s are eye-popping indeed! Harry said it best, all their finishes, no matter the car, are fantastic!

Name:	SmartSelect_20210115-123258_Photos.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	98626
                Tony ... Tampa, FL, USA

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0370.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	98636 Odd that the Supra has the "marlboro" on it ..... Another nice looking ride !!

Must be just the #29 Porsche Livery.
                  Last edited by gsnopoint; May 15, 2021, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I didn't realize it was a Fantasy Livery. Thanks for the clarification! I guess they are doing them true to form then - can't fault them for that!

Comment

• Ragtopman
                      Ragtopman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was wrong in my other post. Sorry about that....looks like #17 of the op’s raced at spa 1997 and the #29 at Lemans....the black out version of the #17 car is the fantasy livery I believe but I could be wrong again😂 and looks like I was... again, my apologies for my bad info.
                      Last edited by Ragtopman; May 16, 2021, 01:26 PM.

Name:	20200514_213032.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	562.9 KB
ID:	98668 This is one nice car the Detail outstanding

Comment

I do not believe any of the 3 liveries are fantasy, they all were raced.

Here is the #17 at Spa:

Name:	Porsche GT1.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	98673
                      "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
                      "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Comment

Not that it really matters to me, great looking car, wonder why the #29 is missing the "Marlboro"?
                        Shame of it is that I am going to run the heck out of it, no shelf queen here.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1