NSR F1 "Rosberg" finished.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSR F1 "Rosberg" finished.

This was built to resemble the car Keke used for practice during the 1986 GP of Portugal......it ran only in practice, and never again.
    (The base kit is/was the NSR 86 F1 white kit)

To make it look a touch more "McLaren MP4/2C ish, I filled in the side mounted radiator vents, cut some new ones into the top rear of the sidepods, used different mirrors, and a few other bits.

While it is certainly a far cry from being accurate, it is much closer than the stock NSR,

Decals are from Atalaya, and my decal stash, and the helmet is from Interlagos miniatures.....drivers suit decals are some old Marlboro HO sized decals from the parts bin.

It will be run in the new owners F1 class, so , it has been built to comply with his clubs rule set......I did,......change the guide, use the stiffer chassis platform, install a FC-130 motor, silicone washer damped body/motor pod, changed gearing and axles. Spacers have been added to either side of the Crown (between the Crown face and the inside bushing flanges) to control and maintain the mesh. The car runs on glued/trued NSR tyres.

Weight will be added (if needed) by the new owner.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Driver decals sure add a lot to the model. Nice job.

Comment

Looks great from here Chris. They actually surprised me how well they ran and the cars stayed together even after racing them in a full 6 week series at the store.
      Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
      web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
      YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

That look outstanding! Love the livery, and the decal work!
        Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-a...gends-bullring

Comment

As mentioned, this livery ran only in practice for the GP in Portugal 1986...........it was painted "Yellow" as Marlboro were launching their "Marlboro Lights" brand.

Cheers
          Chris Walker

Click image for larger version

Name:	rosberg-estoril-1986b.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	98499

Comment

Very nice job.

Comment

Excellent job!! Can you share where you got the silicone washers from, and what size they are?

Comment

Another beauty, Chris! Do you use decals to detail the driver's helmet, etc.?

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Audi1 View Post
                  Another beauty, Chris! Do you use decals to detail the driver's helmet, etc.?

Allan
                  Hi Allan, The drivers helmet is from Interlagos miniatures ( I got mine through Electric Dreams)..........the helmets are completely finished, are really nice, and they do a wide variety of drivers.......they make the car !!

Cheers
                  Chris Walker

Comment

Originally posted by dinglebery View Post
                    Excellent job!! Can you share where you got the silicone washers from, and what size they are?
                    The Silicone washers are produced by MRSlotcar , and will be found under the "Scale Racing" name at many Slotshops......the .5mm thickness are the ones to get.

Cheers
                    Chris Walker

Comment

• dinglebery
                      dinglebery commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you!!! I'm on it now!

• chrisguyw
                      chrisguyw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you are planning on using these washers, using machine bolts and "Nyloc" nuts are the way to go !!!!................ScaleRacing (MRslotcar) does sell a complete kit including washers, bolts, and Nyloc nuts,.....plus a little handy dandy wrench for the Nyloc's.
                  Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1