Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nsr evo ultragrips

#5231 evo ultra grips 20.5x11 17" dia wheels
    glued set of these up on nsr air gap wheels and trued nice a slow. went to install them today and both have splits in the tires running across the width of the tires. have use these before with no issues . bad patch or all the new evo tires just junk?
    THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
    Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

What glue did you use? ..... Would be good to know so others can steer clear of it too. Only problem I had with Ultra's (dunno if they were old or Evo) was super glue attacking them and made them split width-wise.

Comment

been using ulta cure tire glue i got from slot car corner, never had issues using it before.
      THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....

Comment

sucks I have a points race Thursday and never going get replacement in time unless I do a road trip .

Comment

Seems like NSR quality has dropped drasticly . Our ultra grips split, the super grips are marbleing or getting rough when running.
          Lance Sofa racer

Comment

so it is a quality issue then was going cut them off and try again but sounds like i will have the same results. wonder what else I could try on 17" rims that have good grip?

Comment

• Gascarnut
              Gascarnut commented
              Editing a comment
              You could try Slot.it 1172N22 tires. I have had a lot of success with them and they are less susceptible to splitting than the Ultra grips.

BTW, do you use lighter fluid or some similar compound to polish the tire after grinding? I have found that this can split the tire too, depending on the type of solvent being used. Pure naphtha is very aggressive, solvents like Ronsonol are better, and the stuff that is sold as a barbecue starter fluid is even better.

• docdoom
              docdoom commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks have some on those on order.

I have issues with probably 20% of these tires I cut. I don't think it is the glue (using SCC2000 something). I use a Hudy cutter. You have to take light cuts at low speed and keep them free of grit (use a brush). If grit gets on the tires it starts to ball up and rips the tire. Wetting with a cue tip may further help reduce temp and damage as well.

Comment

• docdoom
              docdoom commented
              Editing a comment
              wet sanded the 2nd set and took very very light cuts. looks like these set has no issues so far. thanks for the advise.

I use CRC cleaner lubricant when I tru the Slot.it N22 or Ultra Grips

Comment

I don't ever use NSR tires but I sell quite a few. I have had a couple customers tell me that the new evo tires do ball up when they are trueing them. No one has mentioned the splitting though. Just some basic information for you guy's.
              Mike
              Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
              web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
              YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

I did have issue with the balling up the 1st time and that may of been the issue. Went with the wet true the 2nd time and things went much smother. Took 3 times longer to get them were they needed but they also came out like glass so these will be the norm from here forward.

Comment

• docdoom
                  docdoom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hey the need a little more work, tryed to run them one the lola lmp and the car and some hope to it. so back on the machine they go..

Try truing them with lighter fluid wiped on, keep them damp
                Kevan - Isle of Man
                Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1