Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ostorero Slot Cars

Anyone here have one?
    Concourse quality cars, I was wondering how they run. Definitely for tooling around the track, not for competition.

I've two. Beautiful but very delicate. Shelf queens only, IMHO, but I'm sure there's a philistine or two that runs theirs...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0309.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	881.7 KB
ID:	97277
    Last edited by Dogsbody; May 5, 2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Traded out of mine minutes after tuning it as I like driving my cars including a small lot of used Racer Ferraris. Yes the car is very beautiful but I did not want to true the beautiful tires and other things that will make it fast. It’s TRUELY a shelf queen.

Comment

It's such a shame that the Ostorero brothers ceased production of the AllSlotCar.
        AllSlot was a real hardcore racing machine.
        The Ostorero branded cars are clearly aimed at shelf queen collectors, not to be hammered around a track.
        It's probably too late to resurrect AllSlot even if there was a will to do it.
        NSR have plugged the gap in the market with the NSR 8689 cars
        AlanW - London

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Brumos RSR View Post
          Traded out of mine minutes after tuning it as I like driving my cars including a small lot of used Racer Ferraris. Yes the car is very beautiful but I did not want to true the beautiful tires and other things that will make it fast. It’s TRUELY a shelf queen.
          Yeah, tire truing... Check out the picture I added of the Ferrari 156.

Comment

I would love to have some of them, but they're extremely pricey if I can find one. I would definitely parade it around the track a couple times a year! It's too beautiful to have it sit in a box, unseen!!

Comment

Here's the four that I have - I run (not race) the Watson Indy and the Maserati. The Marmon's have too many delicate bits, and are my only two shelf queens out of my 400 or so cars.

Bill

Comment

• FC47
                FC47 commented
                Editing a comment
                Omgosh those are stunning! Gotta be too cool to tool them around..

Cars like that are a fine line between model cars and slot cars. We have all built cars and detailed them till they are fantastic. Then you are kind of afraid to take a chance they will hit a wall. I've thought that maybe I should just build curbside models with some of them and not worry about having slot gear under them.

If a guy is patient he can build resin or vac form cars that look pretty nice and you can race them without fear. Big difference between building a car yourself for under $80- or so and buying a car for$200-$300 that somebody else built.

There are a lot of different parts of the slot car hobby.
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1