RevoSlot White Kit Ferrari F40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RevoSlot White Kit Ferrari F40

Has anyone else had this problem with the fit of the door panel on this white kit? Also front axle will not rotate in the bearings. Very tight. I will try sanding the axle. Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferrari F40 White Kit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	96185
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferrari F40 White Kit2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	96186 Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferrari F40 White Kit3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	96187

Looks like about 2-3 mm. Why the tab at the bottom of the door?
    Last edited by arroldn; April 29, 2021, 09:39 AM.

Originally posted by arroldn View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem with the fit of the door panel on this white kit? Also front axle will not rotate in the bearings. Very tight. I will try sanding the axle.
    Do not sand the axle !!, ....it will take forever, more importantly, .....you will be very hard pressed to achieve a factory finish,.... and, you do not want slop in any bushings /bearings.
    Loosen the screws on the front axle blocks,.....align so the axle spins smoothly, and then re tighten the screws. Ballbearings are very sensitive to alignment....you will be well rewarded with a little patience

As far as the door,..try inserting the front of the door into the main part of the body first,. (the front of the door tucks in behind the wheel arch flare) .....then press the rear of the door in.

Cheers
    Chris Walker
    Last edited by chrisguyw; April 29, 2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Door went in just as you said. Now to tackle the axle blocks. But I did notice that the chassis screws are a bear to loosen. Patience what's that?
      Last edited by arroldn; April 29, 2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Glad your questions were answered and answered correctly! I have the Ferrari white kit as well. The door took me awhile to fit in as well. The bearings on these are sometimes aligned ok out of the box and then some are off. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtopman View Post
          Glad your questions were answered and answered correctly! I have the Ferrari white kit as well. The door took me awhile to fit in as well. The bearings on these are sometimes aligned ok out of the box and then some are off. Best of luck!
          You are correct,.......some of the bearings and axle blocks are aligned "OK", but, invariably the alignment can be greatly improved,.......makes for a more than "OK" running car

Cheers
          Chris Walker

Comment

Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1