MTR Composite Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTR Composite Chassis

I contacted Milan to build me this car at the end of January and received it a little over a week ago. This is the Sauber Mercedes C291 body with a Laminate chassis. Front foam tires and Rear rubber tires. I didn't specify the gearing and I don't know what motor that is. I've sent him an email asking him for the details.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8160.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	980.5 KB
ID:	95343
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8561.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	95338 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8565.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	95339 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8564.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	95340 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8562.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	95341 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8563.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	95342

One thing I'm thinking about modifying is the rear motor pod "suspension". I think that if I replace the nuts sandwiched between the chassis and the support arm with springs, I could have an active spring suspension. The current setup with the spring on the center support really doesn't function because of the stiffness of the material used.

Does anyone have one of these chassis? What changes have you made, if any?

have you ran it yet? I would not mine trying one of those my self...

Comment

Beautifully done, congratulations, Milan always does quality work.

BTW that motor looks like an Avant Slot Hurricane, a bit of a beast at 27k and lots of magnetic downforce.
      "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
      "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Comment

Originally posted by docdoom View Post
        have you ran it yet? I would not mine trying one of those my self...
        Heck yeah I ran it!!! It's my pride and joy 1:32 car. It runs very smooth. I think the front foam tires are great for this car because they absorb a lot of difference between track sections on my layout. If they were rubber I think the front end would bounce a ton. It's only about 2mm above the track surface.

I was typing this when F1Fan responded. Thanks for the insight! When I get a response from Milan I'll update here. My track is set for 10v, but I also have adjustment on my SCP2 controllers.
        Last edited by dinglebery; April 25, 2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1