scalextric sidewinder nascar chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scalextric sidewinder nascar chassis

im having a really hard time finding a chassis for my ricky craven car.ive looked to stores in the uk as well as the us, checked shapeways for a printed version have come up empty. im looking for new or used. anyone know where i can get one? thanks in advance,bill

Why not use a Slot.it HRS2 sidewinder chassis kit, SICH33B
    https://www.lebhobbies.com/slotit-si...th=497_536_541

Comment

If you keep an eye on this guys listings one might pop up. (S)He seems to sell a lot of stripped down car bits. Items for sale by 3195trl | eBay
      Also just wondering what's up with it that it needs replacing? It's the fat type Ford Taurus Nascar isn't it?

Comment

so the class we run with theses cars includes a rule for no podded chassis. ive seen that seller alot but never a chassis. the search continues

Comment

• Wobble
          Wobble commented
          Editing a comment
          I can understand why you want to get it running again. I've got the Andy Houston McDonalds Taurus and it's a real good runner in our Nascar class.

What is wrong with the existing chassis? Broken guide mount/tube? OK, that's pretty much terminal. Broken rear bushing mounts? That is fixable.
        PetesLightKits

Comment

Not familiar with the car by name. Is it a Chevy or Ford? 4 body post or 2? I may have something.

Comment

• Billy boy
            Billy boy commented
            Editing a comment
            so its a 4 post . ford taurus #32 the tide car . its a sidewinder

You can fix broken guide holders this way.

Comment

P.M. sent

Randy

Comment

so i was able to use a bnova adapter and epoxy to fix the chassis well enough to get it back on the track but will allways be on the lookout for an original or printed one. thanks everyone for the input

Comment

Good to see you've got it sorted. I've also thought about a bnova or similar adapter for the Taurus as I think the standard guide is really the only thing that needs improving other than the rear tyres to make it a competitive car in our Nascar class.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8285.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	94406 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8286.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	94407 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8287.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	94408

I have this if you are interested. I believe it's brand new.

Comment

sent you a pm norb

Comment

I think you'll find that chassis is for the slightly 'skinnier' C2594 (scalextric c2594 - Google Search) and C2595 (scalextric c2595 - Google Search)

Comment

Originally posted by Wobble View Post
                        I think you'll find that chassis is for the slightly 'skinnier' C2594 (scalextric c2594 - Google Search) and C2595 (scalextric c2595 - Google Search)
                        Good catch! I matched it up to my Tide #32 car and it will not fit.

Comment

that was a bummer to find out,but ill keep looking

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1