Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinglebery
    commented on 's reply
    I need to place my order of light kits with you!

• PetesLightKits
    replied
    I just ordered 4 more white body kits (2 962C, 2 962 IMSA) so stay tuned .

Leave a comment:

• PetesLightKits
    commented on 's reply
    I would love to see Slot.it come out with some kind of variant that the car went through over the last couple years of its' racing life. One I see a lot of is the chopped tail with the separate wing. But I imagine there still are many liveries they have planned for the standard body.

• PetesLightKits
    commented on 's reply
    Tamiya rattle can. I want to cut down the width of the wing also as it is wider than the body. I'll just 3D design and print the endplates - much more accurate than me with a knife or scissors and a straight edge.

• dinglebery
    replied
    Nice job! Primer makes all the difference. Did you airbrush it or rattle can?
    On the rear wing, you could add some cut .5mm styrene to create the end plates.

Leave a comment:

• FC47
    replied
    Great looking car Pete, real nice work all around!
    Cheers,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Mickey thumbs
    replied
    Nice to see a different version of the 962. Beautiful workmanship

Leave a comment:

• Courtney s
    commented on 's reply
    But Slot It is not afraid to do a new mold , there are still many crossover parts to make it an economical and profitable venture!

• PetesLightKits
    commented on 's reply
    It would require a completely new mould, which could be used to model quite a few 962s from the last half of their racing lifespan - about 1989 to 1993.

• Courtney s
    replied
    I would bet this is on the short list for a factory Slot It car especially after seeing your version ,very nice!

Leave a comment:

• PetesLightKits
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Jules

• Jules
    replied
    Looks like a skilled job to me. Very nicely done.

Jules

Leave a comment:

• PetesLightKits
    replied
    Thanks guys. I may still redo the wing end plates on the 3D printer. And I realised that I put some decals on in the wrong order so may scrape them off and reapply new ones - it's always good to create enough spare decals in just such a case.

Added some other photos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	000.jpg Views:	2 Size:	332.4 KB ID:	88292

Very early in the modelling stages. I used two part modelling epoxy to fill in the rear intakes. This was done years ago.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_2196.jpg Views:	2 Size:	143.3 KB ID:	88293

3D printed nose extension JB Welded onto the front. I filled in the gaps with Tamiya putty - first time ever using that. This was about 4 weeks ago.
    Last edited by PetesLightKits; March 18, 2021, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TuscoTodd
    replied
    I'd say that turned out GREAT!

Leave a comment:

• chappyman66
    replied
    I was thinking the same thing.... pretty good work for moderate skills. 3DP is funny that way....all of a sudden you realize how much you can do.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1