SCX 2021 Cuda motor specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCX 2021 Cuda motor specs

This is the motor we used for the 2021 SCX Cudas. It's an FR42 motor that should be about the same speed as a standard Scalextric/Carrera motor.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FR42 specs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	960.1 KB ID:	81453
    Attached Files
    Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Click image for larger version  Name:	150838507_10225502359931740_6837109028554406476_o.jpg Views:	2 Size:	321.5 KB ID:	81459

This is the motor we used for the 2021 SCX Cudas. It's an FR42 motor that should be about the same speed as a standard Scalextric/Carrera motor.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FR42 specs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	960.1 KB ID:	81453
    Attached Files

Comment

• TuscoTodd
      TuscoTodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Talk about great detail info! Nice!!!

I just was looking at one of my "old" Cuda's and this new motor, FR-42, the case may be more compact than the old RX-42. If I read the spec's correctly, the torque is about 100 g-cm.

Jim W

Just seen the chassis picture, I see the rear bushings are a new type. I am guessing that the motor pod can be changed with an older car. Is that a Digital chip in the car??
    Last edited by jaws; February 14, 2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

It's an analog car, it's just the "jumper chip" to get power from the guide to the motor. I've not tried to switch the pods, the mold is identical to the one used years ago, no changes.

Comment

I also thought that it may be something for the "lights". I see SCC is saying the car comes with lights. The chassis sure looks to be the same, that is why I feel the pods could be changed. I have one on order. I needed a Vitamin C orange to go with my "Lime" car!!! Thanks Dave for bringing these cars back.

Jim W
        Last edited by jaws; February 14, 2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Slot Car Corner
          Slot Car Corner commented
          Editing a comment
          Per Dave Kennedy's video at approximately the 7:35 mark of his most recent edition of Slot Car News discussing these cars, "These cars will have lights."

This is the first time I have even seen the name of SCX, Scale Competition Xtreme S.L.

Jim W

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
          Dave Kennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          So this is the new company which was formed under the Arnau family itself. The family owns the SCX/Scalextric (Spain) brand. They had licensed the brand to other companies to use for years. When i worked for SCX is was licensed to Tecnitoys to use. This time the Armau family have formed a company to produce cars/track/etc themselves. They have used this name Scale Competition Xtreme to set themselves apart from the previous companies i guess. That moniker wasn't used until this latest version of the company was formed. It doesn't apply to the company before now.

• jaws
          jaws commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dave, I guess these cars are getting a lot of interest.

Dave when will the white car be released? It might just get repainted Sublime Green. Can you have too many Cudas

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
          Dave Kennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          So as I mention in the video all 5 are available now.
          The white cars and black cars were made in VERY small quantity as an add on car for dealers if they'd order case quantities. So if they order 23 cars (any one color or combination of colors) they get either a white car or black car as the 24th car.

• arroldn
          arroldn commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't see the white or black listed at any dealers.

• Dave Kennedy
          Dave Kennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          Because most won't be sure which color "extra" car they are getting or maybe they will want to keep them since most will only get 1 or 2 cars.

Comment

• arroldn
          arroldn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dave. So from this video the white and black cars may actually cost more than the others. That's okay. I think I have what I need. Who needs more Cudas anyway

They put one of these motors in the new Lancia Fulvia - way to punchy for that car They should go alright in the Cuda though. I plan to use the one I took out of the Lancia in a GT or Can Am car.
        Not sure if they put the same motor in the new Audi rally car I will have to check.

DM
        Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

My question is will the shapeways chassis fit that goes into the older Cudas?
          Last edited by Yamfj1200rider; February 17, 2021, 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• War Eagle River
            War Eagle River commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, nothing has changed with the chassis.
        Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1