New track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New track

Thank you guys for the advise, here is a picture of my two lane 65 ft Masonite track from the 60's. Power supply arrived today and will start laying copper this week.

That looks amazing!!! Great work!

Comment

Thank you, it has been a long time coming. I can't wait to get it up and racing.

Comment

Enjoy ! How do you reach the cars in the corner when they come off ? TY

Comment

I am able to walk all the way around the table, and I have grab sticks.

Comment

Great looking set up!!
            Rusty

Comment

This track was bought/made in the 60's but never set up? It was set up in the 60's and stored for 60 years? Is it the pre-cut and routed track pieces offered by Tru-scale(I think) in the 60's. More details please.
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

Which way do you race on the track, clockwise or counter-clockwise? I'm curious if cars drive into that far corner at speed after the back straight or speed up after the corner.

Are cars in the far corner visible from where the drivers are positioned?

Comment

I bought it from a seasoned gentleman in ( mid 70's) in Gross Point , Mi back in 2014. He stated he had bought it new and when his children grew up he just stored it. My job has moved me every 2 years and I had to store it as well. Now that I am retired and have 3 grandsons and the time and room.
                  It is the pre cut routed, I never knew the company. As far as the direction of travel I have not decided yet. I can see more traveling counter clockwise.

Comment

I can do some searching and find out the company that made it. In the book about slot racing by Bob Braverman, there is a chapter on building a track with this product.
                    Matt B
                    So. In
                    Crashers

Comment

That would be great.

Comment

Oh Yeah...that will work...speed and tech rolled into one...keep updates coming!!
                        TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!

Comment

hairpin on the hill looks super dangerous...love it!!😱😜
                          Tony ... Tampa, FL, USA

Comment

Going to have to build an apron and retaining wall with fencing.

Comment

Originally posted by mattb View Post
                              I can do some searching and find out the company that made it. In the book about slot racing by Bob Braverman, there is a chapter on building a track with this product.
                              Matt, et al...if it’s pre-routed Masonite track from the 60’s it’s almost certainly Kal-Kar. The tape laying tool Kal Kar made for laying the aluminum or copper tape shows up on eBay from time to time.

Kal Kar made 2 and 4 lane sections. My Dad made a 4 lane layout for me using this back in the 60’s. I sorta helped.

I’ve been hoping to stumble across a pallet of this stuff, long forgotten in the back of a warehouse somewhere. I had come to the conclusion that any of it out there had long since been repurposed or discarded.

So it was a revelation to see this thread!

Todd
                              Last edited by 4380r; January 31, 2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• mattb
                                mattb commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That's it, Kal Kar is the manufacturer. I will hunt up an ad for it one of these days. G Gerding is supposed to be making pre=cut and routed pieces like this. I think he has some info on Gerdingfasttracks.com
                            Working...
                            X
                            UA-149438709-1