Monoposto F1 under the hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monoposto F1 under the hood

This is by NO means a full review but just an initial look inside the car and I wanted to see what all the talk was about with the front axle. I did about 2 minutes of tuning and the fronts were solidly on the track. I talked with Harry this morning and he's working on a full review that he will post once it's complete. As soon as I'm able I will get this car on the track. It looks amazing.
    Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

How in the world is that not distracting to the driver? Looks good though.
    Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
    web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
    YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

What the halo?
      Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
      Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Comment

The spacers that are between the front wheels and the brake duct plates foul against a part of the lower suspension arm that protrudes through the duct plate. If you use a little glue from the inside to hold the lower control arms against the duct plates, then trim off the pieces that protrude, you can use the spacers (assembled with the chamfered edge away from the wheel) with a little side play, and the wheels will touch the track no problem. I did this yesterday on my black Monoposto:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Policar Mercedes F1 01.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	76567
        Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
        Life is scratchbuilt

Comment

• Impulse-ive
          Impulse-ive commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Dennis,
          I noticed a couple differences on how we placed the decals for the Merc. Yours has a much more accurate placement for the red INEOS decal on the intake. How did you get it over the wings on the side? Also the Merc tri-points come down further on the side pod like the real car does. How did you get them to come down that far?

Where did you get the decals? (probably ED) Are they for the 2020 livery or earlier. I’ve got a silver one on the way. Missed you yesterday on the chat. Some lively conversation afterwards. We could have used your insight.

Mike M.

Comment

• Gascarnut
          Gascarnut commented
          Editing a comment
          Decals are made by Atalaya, bought from Electric Dreams, and they are for the 2020 car. Sorry I missed the Zoom call, I was at ED all day.

Here's my Fantasy Livery Monoposto F1. It was going to be the Red Bull car and then I remembered the late 70/80 Tyrrell's. Decal are Studio 27 1/20 replacement decals for Tamiya F1 Kits. I really like the way these cars run.

John R

Comment

Have not painted yet, but nice car. A small rat tail file will open up the front suspension easily enough. Mine sits fine.

Not near as nice as your models guys, but work in progress.
          -Harry

Comment

Decaled the red Policar Monoposto F1 today, the 2020 Ferrari decals. I purchased the decals from Electric Dreams. They are from a Spanish Company Atalaya Decals.

John R

Comment

Did Merc version of the Policar F1, some liberties were taken with placement on a couple decals to give an overall better look. Clear hasn't been shot but it looks pretty good so far.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2856.jpg Views:	19 Size:	727.6 KB ID:	77037
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2857.jpg Views:	17 Size:	708.9 KB ID:	77038
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2858.jpg Views:	17 Size:	850.8 KB ID:	77039
              Last edited by Impulse-ive; January 23, 2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Nicely done! On my car, I thought about placing the red Ineos decal below the camera protrusions on the air scoop, but then decided to cut the cameras off and sand the area smooth.
                Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
                Life is scratchbuilt

Comment

Hi Dennis,
                  I noticed a couple differences on how we placed the decals for the Merc. Yours has a much more accurate placement for the red INEOS decal on the intake. Also the Merc tri-points come down further on the side pod like the real car does. How did you get them to come down that far?

Comment

"A nice, smooth rear end. Feels really nice." Couldn't agree more, Dave. Couldn't agree more.

That reduction gear is new to me. Is it just not to have to have a big crown gear back there? It looks neat, but is it lossy?

Comment

OK, Ferrari flat clear coat is done car is assembled. I added strips to Vettel's helmet.

Comment

That really looks good. They all do. Nice job on the reprints everyone. I have one and am waiting for 2021 McLaren Daniel Ricciardo decals. I’ll prob do an Alpine Alonso or Aston Vettel too.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1