Removing a 1.5 mm pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a 1.5 mm pinion

I’ve installed many of these, and my trusty Slot.it pinion press / Puller does the job without fail.
    Until now, never had to pull a 1.5 mm pinion off of a predator motor. The Slot it pin pusher on the extractor is too thick to go through the pinion.
    I installed an 8 tooth pinion and want to switch to a 9 tooth.
    any thoughts or suggestions?
    thanks
    Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

I had a thought after I posted this, what about my HO scale pinion puller? Boom, that was the trick, off in a jiffy!!
    Now if you have that problem, there is a solution.

Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

Comment

• chrisguyw
      chrisguyw commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike, Slot-it makes/sells a 1.5mm pin that fits their puller/press...........undo the set screw that holds in the 2mm pin, and replace with the 1.5mm.

While you have a 1.5mm puller, for those that do not, Slot-it/Slotting plus/MRSlotcar, all make them.

thanks for that info, good to know. I still look for one for future jobs.
    Mike - Galena Ohio

Comment

I had an old FF motor that was bad, so I cut the shaft off. I ground the shaft tip down a little so it would easily fit in the pinion. I could then use it in the Slot.it puller/press, until I could order the proper tool.

Jim W

Comment

you need a 1.5 pinion puller

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1