Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandpaper for Tire Razor

I just got a Tire Razor! šŸ˜€

So I'm starting to think about other grit sandpaper, and wondered if you use self-stick sandpaper or regular sandpaper and double-sided tape.

If you use self-stick, where do you get it? If you use double-sided tape, was plain-old Scotch tape good enough, or did you go with something like carpet tape?

Thanks,
    Ron

I was buying self-stick 1/4 sheets at Loweā€™s. They no longer have it, nor does the local Ace. They did have some old stock but not what I was looking for.
    When I sanded some rubber tires, I used some old carpet tape and cut paper from a round disc I had here.

Comment

I have been using self stick sanding disks, The ones you put on a disk sanders and I just cutting them to fit.
      Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

I went down to the local auto body supply and bought several grades (grit size) of wet dry paper. Also removed paper from block and cut new paper in 1" squares so I could use full paper surface.

HTH
        Randy

Comment

Congrats! I should have mine tomorrow! I will be watching this thread to highjack some info. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Been using these sheets: 3M Adhesive Sheets

Then I can but what grit I want at the local and just make my own.
            -Harry

Comment

I bought different grit reusable sanding shades from hobby linc and double sided tape . Thought that would work also

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas!

Related topic, a power supply for the truer. For the short term I'll use my adjustable Pyramid. But on Amazon I found a 3v - 12v, 5 amp adjustable supply for just $17 that I think I'm going to try (YUNBO AC 100-240V to DC 3-12V 5A 60W Universal Adjustable Power Supply Adapter). I'll let you all know how well it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	powersupply.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	63911

Comment

• SuperSlab
                  SuperSlab commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have been using an identical one for about a year now: works fine for me.
              Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1